Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My flashing d is back!

It tends to start as I approach 80KM/h. If I keep it under, at around 60KM/h it won't come on.

Any thoughts?

Another question, are the Solenoids different from the pressure switches?

·
Registered
482 Posts
themuse said:
My flashing d is back!

It tends to start as I approach 80KM/h. If I keep it under, at around 60KM/h it won't come on.

Any thoughts?

Another question, are the Solenoids different from the pressure switches?
no other lights on the dash except blinking d? most likely the temp sensor. not a big job. if you have access to a code reader you would be able to tell for sure

others have had success with doing a couple drain and fills using ATF Z-1 and the light stops blinking.

anyway, see posts in your other thread for possible solutions

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ours just happened too and it was a fourth gear pressure switch. Easy fix and was covered under our extended warranty. The code will tell you what it is. Even if the light is no longer blinking the code will be stored.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a OBD2 code reader and no codes recorded.

Not sure what to do. I've been staying under 80Km/h lately and it hasn't come back.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
When the powertrain control module (PCM) senses an abnormality in the input or output systems, the D indicator in the gauge assembly will usually blink.

When the data link connector (DLC) (located under the steering column lower cover) is connected to the Scan Tool or Honda diagnostic system (HDS), it will indicate the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) when the ignition switch is turned ON (II).

Reposted from other thead "Need some guidance":

There are 3 codes that cause a blinking D light with no Check Engine Light:

P0710 ATF temperature sensor (This code is caused by an electrical circuit problem and cannot be caused by a mechanical problem in the transmission.)
P0845 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch
P1740 4th clutch transmission fluid pressure switch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey New dad,

I did connect my code reader to the DLC and no DTC was stored.

I had hoped to find something to guide me toward what is wrong, however, I am still in the dark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi William,

Can you please define what a temporary code or a history code is?

Wouldn't all codes be history codes. What would be an example of my simple code reader actually reading a code? Would I get a code when the d light is actually flashing at the time?

Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not all readers are able to read both "pending codes" and "stored codes". Pending codes do NOT light MIL.

Fortunately, many of cheap code readers are able to read both stored and pending codes. Autel sold by Amazon is one which can be had as low as thirties.

- Vikas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The device I have is a U380 code reader, and it is supposed to be able to read pending codes too.

I'm gonna keep checking periodically to see if any codes pops up.

Thanks for all the replys everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts