Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night after getting groceries I turned on my 2 week old Ody and heard a horrid rattling from the climate control fan. I shut it off, and restarted in "auto" and it was quiet. This does not inspire confidence. Anyone else have this happen to them. The active vents were panel and floor, if that makes a difference.
Eric
'02 GG EX-L 700Mi
'97 MB Contour SE 74000Mi

·
Registered
368 Posts
You might have something that has fallen into or somehow got inside the fan cage assembly. Do not know how this happens, but that was explanation given to me by Honda dealer when I noticed a noise coming from the ac that I had not heard before. Not covered under warranty per dealer, who wanted under $50.00 to clean out the fan cage. I didn't have the dealer do the repair and the problem eventually went away by itself.

I know on my previous Volvo, the return air would sometimes suck up plastic shopping bags off the carpeting in the passenger area and put them into the fan air box and make a very loud racket. You would have to open the air box up and remove the bag. Maybe same thing happens on Ody.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts