Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend took her car to the dealer for oil change and was told she needed
a new oil pan because the heli coil on old pan was shot. At a cost of $370 they
replaced pan and changed oil. After driving it approx. 35min the engine oil
light came on and the motor started to make loud noise. Took it back to dealer
and they stated that part of repair plug got sucked up into oil pump and blew
bearing. Engine is shot and they stated that it was not their problem.
Devastated!!! Van was running perfectly when we drove it in and now its a heap
of metal. Shouldn't they have checked the pick up screen on the pump when they
did job and also checked oil pressure before letting car go. Please help with
any info. The vehicle is a Honda Odyssey with 120,000 miles on it and maintained
regularly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My girlfriend took her car to the dealer for oil change and was told she needed
a new oil pan because the heli coil on old pan was shot. At a cost of $370 they
replaced pan and changed oil. After driving it approx. 35min the engine oil
light came on and the motor started to make loud noise. Took it back to dealer
and they stated that part of repair plug got sucked up into oil pump and blew
bearing. Engine is shot and they stated that it was not their problem.
Devastated!!! Van was running perfectly when we drove it in and now its a heap
of metal. Shouldn't they have checked the pick up screen on the pump when they
did job and also checked oil pressure before letting car go. Please help with
any info. The vehicle is a Honda Odyssey with 120,000 miles on it and maintained
regularly.
Wow. I immediately demand to speak with the GM or owner of the dealership. If they do not do anything about it, call American Honda and file a complaint against the dealership. If you get no traction in a week or two take them immediately to court.

I cannot imagine why they told you that is not their problem. If they will not accept responsibility drag their a** into court and make them make their excuses to a judge.

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
Wait a minute. How did "a part of the plug" get sucked in. If they replaced the pan with the helicoil, they dropped the whole pan and put in a new one. If that is the case, how in the world can a part of the plug get sucked in? Something's fishy here. I am thinking they forgot to pour in oil or poured in too little and forgot to top it off and now they're covering their behinds trying to wiggle out of the engine replacement. I agree with Rampant Lion, talk to their GM and point out that it drove in just fine. If you do not get any satisfaction, call Honda and get a case opened. This is an unacceptable behavior from a dealer and Honda needs to know.

·
Registered
613 Posts
+1

SOP to check screen when you have dropped the pan, anything that heavy would fall out. Plus most screens (have not seen this one) are quite large compared to a scrap of a helicoil, that would not block oil flow. Sounds like they MAY have used the wrong pan with the wrong pickup to bottom of pan spacing, forgot oil, something! Was the oil light on?

Wait a minute. How did "a part of the plug" get sucked in. If they replaced the pan with the helicoil, they dropped the whole pan and put in a new one. If that is the case, how in the world can a part of the plug get sucked in? Something's fishy here. I am thinking they forgot to pour in oil or poured in too little and forgot to top it off and now they're covering their behinds trying to wiggle out of the engine replacement. I agree with Rampant Lion, talk to their GM and point out that it drove in just fine. If you do not get any satisfaction, call Honda and get a case opened. This is an unacceptable behavior from a dealer and Honda needs to know.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
BTW, what can I do to change the time zone for my account?
You will have to move to the appropriate time zone.

Seriously, welcome to OC. To update your time zone, first select "User CP" above, then "Edit Options"....then don't post spam, or we hunt you down and inflict bodily harm.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Hey just becoming a member, glad to be here! I'm Dani and I'm inspired by my husband, I'm a fan of working and becoming nutritious :) I've been involved in some other forums and have found this spot to have considerably superior articles, so it helps make sense to ultimately submit! BTW where is the option to make myself have a cool title like some people here have?
Why is this particular thread becomming a hotbed of spam? Of all the threads I subscribe to, this one seems to be plastered with stupidity....and that is even beyond my own posts! ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
Why is this particular thread becomming a hotbed of spam? Of all the threads I subscribe to, this one seems to be plastered with stupidity....and that is even beyond my own posts! ;)
You're going to have to ask them why. But for us, a few threads is still a whole lot better than a few hundered a day. Dwayn posted today in the mod section that he is investigating more spam countermeasures. Caviller posted all his tricks the other day so, slowly but surely, we're getting there. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts