Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
Is the alternator original? Many aftermarket alternators don't put out the rated 130A. I've seen them only put out about 80A before drawing on the battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the alternator original? Many aftermarket alternators don't put out the rated 130A. I've seen them only put out about 80A before drawing on the battery.
Okay so everything I have gathered what I can do is just add the 0 gauge wire from the alternator to the battery straight to it but I got to leave the stock wire where it sits not take anything out I appreciate everything y'all have had to say Thank you very much Y'all have a wonderful evening

·
Registered
872 Posts
See that's what I don't understand because at my amplifier I am only pulling about 700 watts and I have 130 amp alternator so I should be pulling almost double that before my lights begin to dim I appreciate all the input information is very much appreciated seriously
Well, theoretically, if your AMP is ONLY THING that alternator is powering then yes, you are only pulling just over a half amperage of MAX output, but that is not the case though.. alternator has to power everything else that is driven by electricity in the car - climate control/fan/power for your phone charger/various lights/charge battery/etc. Headlight (if not using LED) is 110watts (55w each side) by them selves.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts