Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. We have a 2018 Odyssey Elite, picked up in June 2017. We are having a couple of issues with our Blu ray player that I cannot seem to figure out.

1. When we insert a disc, the Nav screen says that it is "Loading..." and never changes. However if you watch the screen in the second row, it will load the movie and then begin playing it.
2. When the movie starts playing, it will only play sound through the headphones. We cannot get it to play sound through the car speakers. Cannot find a way to get it to play sound through the speakers.

We have taken car to dealer and they could not tell me how to fi. I have also called the Honda Corporate line and they have not been able to help either.

I tried searching for issues similar to mine but I did not find any. Hopefully somebody can tell me if they have experienced this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Elite and am having this exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I’m taking it in to Honda tomorrow. Thank you for any insight!

·
Registered
25 Posts
No answer, just speculation... My RES is rebooting independently from the head-unit in the front dash. Sounds to me like some issue with communication between the 2 systems. I'd check the wiring between the RES and the unit in the dash. Probably a loose connector, wire short, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fingers crossed for you! I will be calling the service dept of my dealer tomorrow to set up an Appt for our own RES issue. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I’m assuming if you called Honda tech they walked you through all the software settings to make sure it is set up right? In my own experience there’s a ghost in my 2018 Canadian version of Elite that can change my settings even when I know they were set right.

The first week of ownership my infotainment system had to be replaced. I’ve had no issues with my Blu Ray whatsoever despite the many other non related software issues I grapple with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I had called and asked if I needed an appointment and they said no, just bring it in whenever. So I go in today and he says you need an appointment...going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honda had my van for 2 days and they have no idea how to fix the issue. They say they’ve never seen it before. Their district manager is coming to visit tomorrow and they plan on running it by him or her and searching for answers. Service manager was extremely nice to me, however, I hope this issue gets resolved. I also wish the OP would comment as I’m still wondering what their outcome was.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like an issue with a wiring harness between the RES and the front head unit (assuming your back speakers work with radio / other sources).

I am waiting for a new RES control unit to come in; hopefully that fixes mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Evandy, I hope you’re having more luck than me.
No call back from Honda yesterday. I just called and spoke with someone who is leaving a message for the service manager to return my call. This is disappointing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Details over in my thread, but part installed and all looks well after a short drive. Need to take some longer ones to know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
evandy
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing