Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, guys. I have seen a thread for this problem a week ago and can't find it. I have replaced the pcv (oem) and still has that blue puff coming out of the exhaust when I lightly accelerate and disengage the eco light. Please help! Can't figure out what else to replace. Hopefully not the whole engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, did you get a clue... I am having same problem in my 05 Odyssey VCM engine.. sometime blue smoke on acceleration and random big puff of smoke with vibration

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just changed the pcv valve.. since then it's not consuming alot.. my concern is random big puff.. it's annoying when people change lane behind you because of those big puffs of smoke

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Puff of blue smoke could be oil accumulated in the VCM cylinders during shutdown, then being burned when those cylinders start firing again.

The only fix you need is to install a VCM muzzler device. That will keep the VCM cylinders firing all the time so the oil will not accumulate in them.

Dave

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I think the VCM Tuner II is highly regarded. I may be a little off on the name of it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think the VCM Tuner II is highly regarded. I may be a little off on the name of it.
It is the VCMTUNER II. I'm happy with it and it is also recommended by one of the forum gurus @John Clark

Here's a thread I started with my experience for anyone interested:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts