Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2011 Odyssey lxi with Navigation. I've tried and successfully paired different cell phones to it and have problems with all 3.
My phones are HTC Evo, Blackberry Style and Blackberry Tour. No problem pairing, but while in call, Bluetooth connection become intermittent. Connection goes in and out where I have to pick up my cell phone to be able to hear. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
2011 Touring Elite Bluetooth connection problems

I am having the same issue, my Ody is 6 weeks old and I have been waiting to see if there was a fix or anyone else having teh same problem.

my wife has a 06 MDX and it works wonderfully I am totally suprised that this is having such a serious problem.

I was very much looking foward to selling my seprate bluetooth speakerphone on ebay but it looks like till honda gets their stuff straight I'll be keeping it.

I hope somone has a Fix.

I have been trying a iPhone 4 and sitting in the front or back seat has not difference of effect.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Has anyone spoken to a dealer about this?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had no troubles with my phone (not a Blackberry) and my husband, who does have a BB had no trouble. Sorry, no help here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, i am. BT connection works fine. contact dump works. there are some quirks, but i don't know if it's device- or odyssey-specific, as i have zero experience with attempting this with other devices or in other cars, but if a contact has multiple numbers, it creates multiple entries in the car's address book rather than grouping them all under one. also, it doesn't seem to be able to get to GPS navigation from a contact address in your phone.

notification sounds do not appear to work via the car's BT connection, only phone calls.

i haven't tried BT music.

recipients say my voice is loud and clear.

hope that helps!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife has had plenty of problems with the Bluetooth connecting, then disconnecting, then re-connecting many many times. Her purse is within 2 feet of the display! I sure wish something could be done about this...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought my 2011 Odyssey lxi with Navigation. I've tried and successfully paired different cell phones to it and have problems with all 3.
My phones are HTC Evo, Blackberry Style and Blackberry Tour. No problem pairing, but while in call, Bluetooth connection become intermittent. Connection goes in and out where I have to pick up my cell phone to be able to hear. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix it?
No problems here, mine will sometimes connect from inside my house when my wife starts the van up outside.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Merged your two threads with bluetooth woes. Please stay with one thread for the same problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my new Odyssey this weekend and am having the same problem with the Bluetooth going in and out. My iPhone is recognized when I get in and then while playing music it abruptly disconnects, only to reconnect again 30 seconds later. This goes on repeatedly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
my experience (iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Motorola i576) have all been positive.

I get occassional skips when playing music from my iphone over the bluetooth, but otherwise no problems with connection.

i tend to leave my phone in either the driver's door pocket, or the center stack tray

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife's phone is paired up with our new Odyssey and it will work fine on some trips around town and other trips it is constantly connecting with the phone and then dropping the connection to the phone minutes later. She has a Motorola Droid(1st gen slider). I sure hope their is a fix for this soon....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've also experienced similar problems with the phone connecting and disconnecting back and forth on my HTC Magic. No such problems with my Infiniti, and so far w/ very limited trial on my wife's phone, the bluetooth seems to be OK. Bluetooth is an important feature and I'm very disappointed that I've been having problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
seems like a lot of folks having problems are using android based phones.

makes me wonder if it's something to do with how android handles blue tooth and honda translates it or if it's something related to the phone operating system

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife has a Droid2 and I have an original Droid. Both work perfectly with our EX-L w/RES. We've had the van since December and have nearly 3500 miles so if there was going to be an issue with it I think we'd have seen it by now. FWIW.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Sprint Epic 4G and it is not compatible with the Honda Bluetooth. My prior phone (Moment) worked fine though. I am bringing the issues (annoying low battery alarm...) up at the dealer this month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried another Evo, and it paired and functioned fine. Apparently my phone's operating system is corrupted (which is not uncommon with droid phones). Thanks for all the comments.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts