Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Bluetooth phone feature (2012 Odyssey EX-L) successfully with a Galaxy Nexus Android phone?? I don't see it listed anywhere in the Honda's list of compatible phones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

I was able to successfully link my Galaxy Nexus phone to the Honda's Bluetooth system. Replaced my Blackberry Bold which was working as well, but I no longer use that phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Resseurecting an old thread here...

We brought home our 2012 EX-L yesterday. We love it, and the Bluetooth seemed to sync up flawlessly and easily, phonebook, history, speed dial, all work great.

We both have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and noticed that while phone calls and audio will play over the van's speakers, the GPS directions won't. Part of the reason we avoided the nav system was because we had intended to just use our phones. What we notice is that when connected to the van, the GPS directions will not play through either the headset, or the van's speakers.

On a related note, I frequently use the voice transcription commands, and it also appear the mic is pulling from the headset mic, not the van mic while connected over Bluetooth. Ideally, I would love for it to mute the radio and use that mic.

Has anyone else encountered this, or encountered a way around it? I searched around for an answer, but was not able to find any threads dealing with this specific problem.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Resseurecting an old thread here...

We brought home our 2012 EX-L yesterday. We love it, and the Bluetooth seemed to sync up flawlessly and easily, phonebook, history, speed dial, all work great.

We both have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and noticed that while phone calls and audio will play over the van's speakers, the GPS directions won't. Part of the reason we avoided the nav system was because we had intended to just use our phones. What we notice is that when connected to the van, the GPS directions will not play through either the headset, or the van's speakers.

On a related note, I frequently use the voice transcription commands, and it also appear the mic is pulling from the headset mic, not the van mic while connected over Bluetooth. Ideally, I would love for it to mute the radio and use that mic.

Has anyone else encountered this, or encountered a way around it? I searched around for an answer, but was not able to find any threads dealing with this specific problem.

Thanks so much for your help!
According to Honda's site, the Galaxy Nexus only lacks display of song informaton over bluetooth connection. My wife has Galaxy Nexus, and we haven't tried the GPS over the bluetooth. We shall try that. But the song information not being displayed is accurate as I noticed that the very first week.

Honda Cars - New and Certified Used Cars from American Honda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that on their website before we purchased it, and was a bit worried. At the dealership on the test drive everything seemed to be flawless, though we didn't specifically test out GPS or look for notifications like text messages to come through. I'm assuming the only songs on my phone are ones I downloaded intentionally and remember what they are. In the midst of all the rest of this technology, I'm okay with that. My heated seats shall console me when I just can't remember the name of that one song. ;)

But GPS, that's another story altogether. It just seems weird that we can't hear the directions through the phone or the van. Try it out, and let me know what you find! We might need to go searching on an Android forum, but I thought I'd start here to see if anyone else has a solution already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts