• Yes and this solved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue? I have tried turning off wifi in the car. I have even switched my phone carrier and my cell phone, however the problem still exist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got back from the dealership, and they were no help. They said they noted it on the account to honda and hopefully there will be a software release in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2018 Elite August build, with latest software ver. 21. I'm experiencing same problems with other end hearing garbled sound. All this time I thought it was the weak signal and ceramic tint I put. Relieved that I'm not alone and frustrated that Honda can't get this right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded my 2013 Touring Elite in late October for a 2018 Elite. Almost from the start I had frequent complaints from people I called using the car's Bluetooth interface that they could not understand what I was saying. I had no problem hearing them clearly. Never had any such problem with my 2008 or 2013 Odyssey. Problem is not due to cell phone signal strength; it occurs in areas of good signal strength and in same areas I had previously made calls on my former Odysseys. Problem cleared up when I switched over to the handset (thanks for that button, Honda!) Even happened when I was talking to 911 and a deputy directly, when I was about 2 miles from a Verizon tower. Switching over to the handset directly eliminated the problem. I complained to the selling dealer and they could not immediately duplicate the problem but said it MIGHT be a defective microphone in the overhead console. I took it in to the dealer and they said they replaced the mic and to try it to see if the problem persisted. It did. The dealer has no clue as to what the problem is (no technical or service bulletins on this problem). I am supposed to take it back to the dealer and leave it with them for a few days to see if they can figure out what the problem is.
I am wondering if any 2018 owners (or even owners of older Odysseys) have experienced a similar problem? Not to wish anyone bad luck, but it would help if someone else has experienced a similar problem and could tell me what was done to alleviate it. :huh:Thanks!
I too am having issues with my Bluetooth on my 2018 Odyssey EX-L. I can hear fine, streaming music over bluetooth works great. The complaint comes from people on the other line. They can only hear part of the conversation, tell me that it sounds like I'm in tin can and catch half of my words. I no longer accept calls over bluetooth. Huge safety issue. Dealership cannot fix problem (replaced microphone) and mentioned there is no current fix from Honda. I'm about ready to sell this vehicle and take a $$ hit. Safety is the priority here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any updates on this issue? Every time I get into Odyssey and having to switch to handset or speaker on handset drives me nuts!!
I'm assuming not a lot of Ody owners are using bluetooth or just not conversing on cellphone while driving!!??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope! Honda really sh*t the bed with this one. I’ve had my odyssey since January and have yet to be handsfree while driving. I dig deep into 800 customer service, had several conversations and Honda admits there’s a problem with no fix at this time.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Any updates on this issue? Every time I get into Odyssey and having to switch to handset or speaker on handset drives me nuts!!
I'm assuming not a lot of Ody owners are using bluetooth or just not conversing on cellphone while driving!!??
I have many issues with my 2018 Canadian Touring as anyone who reads my posts knows. But this is not one of them. I use my hands free extensively. I’ve even participated in lengthy teleconferences related to my work while driving. I’ve never had a complaint.

So this issue as with so many other issues is experienced by some but not all. I introduced myself to a guy with a 2018 at my son’s baseball game today. He has 60000 kms (about 37000 miles on his) without anything other than scheduled maintenance. Still on original brake pads he said. When I started outlining some of my issues he glazed over. I honestly don’t think he believed me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have recently had these issues with my 2018 Touring (US) built in June 2017. I had thought that this issue wouldn't happen to me but it did. But when I connect my phone to launch Apple Carplay it works flawlessly. But I had recently took into the dealer and they said that they had done a system reset of the infotainment which didn't work. Hope the issue gets fixed soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was really hoping the new software updated would fix the issue, however that is not the case. Has anyone had luck with resolving this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Bluetooth problem with my 2018 Elite. The other party says i am garbled.
Been to different dealerships over 10 times looking for a solution. Many hard resets and replaced the microphone.
Nothing has worked and Honda USA told me it is a "third party problem". They were unable to give me the third party name so i could find a solution.
Oh yeah, I drive in Canada quite a bit and already have a $500.00 fine for holding the phone up to my ear.
I am very disappointed in Honda. Perhaps I will call a Lemon law lawyer

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
31 Participants
cletus632
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing