• Yes and this solved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Having the same issue with my 2019 exl odyssey :( and that's what they are trying to say with mine too... had issues for a yr... replaced parts and now are saying its phone carrier.... what carrier do u use? Mine is is cellular samsung s10 did it with my s6 too... so beyond frustrated :( mine drops the radio am/fm also randomly with calls ect too
I have a 2018 Elite, and use a S6, wife has a S4. They both work fine with ODY. No dropped calls nor does the AM/FM drop out. Sirrus XM does but that's because downtown with tall buildings and blocks the Satellite connection. Has Honda replaced your antennae cable? It seems like there was several other people with this problem a year back or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2018 Elite, and use a S6, wife has a S4. They both work fine with ODY. No dropped calls nor does the AM/FM drop out. Sirrus XM does but that's because downtown with tall buildings and blocks the Satellite connection. Has Honda replaced your antennae cable? It seems like there was several other people with this problem a year back or so.
That's funny customer when radio cuts out I can still get xm... but i dont have that... they are saying it's my cell carrier... us cellular... which i do not believe... it does it when i make calls that's why they are trying to blame the phone.. saying it's not supported? But doesn't list it online... doesn't list it at all... 🤷‍♀️ was never discussed before I bought it... so beyond frustrated with them... right now they basically won't even look at it anymore cuz they are blaming my phone carrier... which is the 5th largest... but not one of the top 4 they listed online... not giving up cuz its completely bs I believe 🙁 the calls are so bad people cant understand what I'm saying and I tried to leave a voicemail to my husband and the recording stopped recording it cuz it couldn't understand it. 🙄

·
Registered
385 Posts
That's funny customer when radio cuts out I can still get xm... but i dont have that... they are saying it's my cell carrier... us cellular... which i do not believe... it does it when i make calls that's why they are trying to blame the phone.. saying it's not supported? But doesn't list it online... doesn't list it at all... 🤷‍♀️ was never discussed before I bought it... so beyond frustrated with them... right now they basically won't even look at it anymore cuz they are blaming my phone carrier... which is the 5th largest... but not one of the top 4 they listed online... not giving up cuz its completely bs I believe 🙁 the calls are so bad people cant understand what I'm saying and I tried to leave a voicemail to my husband and the recording stopped recording it cuz it couldn't understand it. 🙄
Have you tried using someone else's cell phone just to test their theory? We have AT&T and it does fine. You can download a few APPS to test the cellphone for signal strength. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en_US or you can get OpenSignal at https://www.opensignal.com/apps#section-os-app
Do this test from inside your ODY without the ODY running (Ignition off). Write down your reading on signal strength then put your cell phone on your center console start your ODY leave the cell phone on the console and run app for signal strength.

If the Cell phone has better signal strength not paired to (Bluetooth) to the ODY than compared to paired with the ODY, I would suspect the ODY has a connection problem (as previously mentioned bad cable to the GPS antennae. If you're dealing with a weak signal, toggle your phone in and out of airplane mode to reset your connection.

One other item to verify if you are not using WiFi connection in your ODY
Turn off WiFi
To turn off the WiFi on 2018 Odyssey EX-L, you select on the following:
Settings -- Connections -- WiFi -- Change Mode -- scroll down to OFF and select -- Save.

Last item. Do you leave your key FOB by your cell phone? The key FOB emits Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) to cell phones causing strange things to happen to the cell phone.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will try that
Have you tried using someone else's cell phone just to test their theory? We have AT&T and it does fine. You can download a few APPS to test the cellphone for signal strength. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en_US or you can get OpenSignal at https://www.opensignal.com/apps#section-os-app
Do this test from inside your ODY without the ODY running (Ignition off). Write down your reading on signal strength then put your cell phone on your center console start your ODY leave the cell phone on the console and run app for signal strength.

If the Cell phone has better signal strength not paired to (Bluetooth) to the ODY than compared to paired with the ODY, I would suspect the ODY has a connection problem (as previously mentioned bad cable to the GPS antennae. If you're dealing with a weak signal, toggle your phone in and out of airplane mode to reset your connection.

One other item to verify if you are not using WiFi connection in your ODY
Turn off WiFi
To turn off the WiFi on 2018 Odyssey EX-L, you select on the following:
Settings -- Connections -- WiFi -- Change Mode -- scroll down to OFF and select -- Save.

Last item. Do you leave your key FOB by your cell phone? The key FOB emits Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) to cell phones causing strange things to happen to the cell phone.
Good Luck!
Thank you... that's more helpful advice than honda is giving... my problem is I live in iowa which majority use us cellular for their provider... it's been hard to find someone with another provider to let me connect their phone and test it. :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it's a phone by phone issue:
1. Apple iPhone 8 Plus, no problems.
2. iPhone Xs, no problems.
3. iPhone 11 (new), sounds a little garbled.
We just use CarPlay now.
Ironically, my car (different make) has an issue with incoming phone calls via wired CarPlay... doh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tested my friends phone today when she was in town. Called two people back to back and both confirmed barely any change between phones. I turned my bluetooth and all when using hers. Also turned off wifi and didn't change anything. After several times using her phone my mom called me back with hers and after the conversation and we hung up the radio did not come back on. Same as my phone. Hers was a Verizon googlepixel 2. And did the same thing as mine which they were saying was because it was a us cellular device. Going to test two others I found with differnt types of carriers and will be contacting honda again! Still believe its them and not my phone. Clearly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
[FONT=&quot]Sorry to take so long to reply. Wow, a lot has happened but no satisfaction. There are different versions of Bluetooth, for sure. I left my '18 Odyssey Elite with the selling dealer for over a week. The garbled calls on the receiving end were reproduced by the service manager using an iPhone. I was able to record it and sent it to him. They acknowledged there is a problem. Service manager said Honda made them jump thru some hoops checking things out, but in the end, I think they did initiate a "TechLine" conference with American Honda, which I gather is sort of a big deal. The bottom line was that there is a software update coming out in the not too distant future (1 to 3 months) that should address my issues. Poppycock! Horsefeathers! BS! Sorry, I don't believe for a minute that a software update will solve my issues. Why? I asked the Sales Manager how many Elites they have sold since September. He said 30 to 45. I asked how many of them are reporting the same problems I am experiencing. Answer: none. I said that's interesting, since THEY ARE ALL RUNNING THE SAME SOFTWARE! It does not take a genius to figure that one out. (A side note: I also had them install a set of 2017 Pilot horns, which sound nice and are a conventional 2 horn setup and got rid of that awful single, low tone horn the factory put into a $49,000+ vehicle!!!) So I left the dealership with my tail between my legs and drove home with my Ody's Bluetooth shut down. It has been turned off until yesterday when I fired it back up and re-paired my Galaxy S8+ to it, and lo and behold, IT'S STILL GARBLED! I had previously asked the SM about getting the computer replaced. Several responses in this thread said that cured their problem. He said I should contact American Honda and start a "ticket". Hmmm. OK, I can do that (and DID just that last night)! My question is, why did I have to do that? Isn't that what a service department is supposed to do? I have had this car for 5 months now and it has not worked right since the get-go and I will be 6 to 8 moths into ownership with the vehicle not performing as it should. One new problem has surfaced since it was returned to me; the "screen" goes dark/blank, often several times for 3 to 5 seconds in a 30 minute drive. Software, indeed! So that is where I'm at; waiting for a software update or American Honda authorizing a replacement computer (about a $2,500 item, retail, I'm told, so I can understand why they aren't champing at the bit to replace it and make the customer happy!). I promise you I won't be holding my breath waiting for whichever one comes first. I am prepared to eat crow if the software update cures my Ody's "ills" and I am just as prepared to jump down Honda's throat when it doesn't. Unfortunately, I don't believe the "Lemon Law" covers "software" problems! One nice thing that did come out of all of this was the 10 days I got to drive a loaner standard (mid-range model, an EX?) 2017 Pilot. It was very pleasant to drive, was very peppy, got better gas mileage than the Odyssey and the seats were more comfortable. I should have bought a Pilot instead of an Odyssey! And just maybe, I am one of a very few Odyssey Elite owners that utilizes the Bluetooth telephone interface and they don't know that they have a problem. It's either that or in fact there is a problem my car's computer. I will let you know how it turns out.[/FONT]
Did the computer replacement fix this issue? Having the same issue with my 2019 exl for a year and they still haven't fixed it :( looking for any advice. thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a 2018 Elite and have the same problem as you with the person Im talking to on the phone with the car's bluetooth doesnt understand what I am saying and voice sounds garbled. I can hear them fine on my end though. Did a hard reset through the infotainment center and now everything works fine.
Ive also have other problems with the infotaiment center glitches like, Cabinwatch Camera error, Auto Windshield wiper going nuts, XM Tuner doesnt work, DVD player would freeze. Dealer had the car for 2 weeks and said they couldnt duplicate the problem and sent it back.
Recently I had the whole system went black on me. Cant see speedometer screen as well as center screen. had to disconnect/reconnect car battery to reset system and all is fine.
My Software version is B1.0.8 although others have reported current version is B1.0.11. But apparently my car says no update is available.
I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Maybe main computer? Software prob?
Same here. Garbled on the other end, and error with cabin watch. Took it to dealer a few times and it’s the same thing over and over. Can’t duplicate problem. Obviously we are not the only ones why is Honda not showing any support??? My older Honda’s had perfect Bluetooth pairing no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tested my friends phone today when she was in town. Called two people back to back and both confirmed barely any change between phones. I turned my bluetooth and all when using hers. Also turned off wifi and didn't change anything. After several times using her phone my mom called me back with hers and after the conversation and we hung up the radio did not come back on. Same as my phone. Hers was a Verizon googlepixel 2. And did the same thing as mine which they were saying was because it was a us cellular device. Going to test two others I found with differnt types of carriers and will be contacting honda again! Still believe its them and not my phone. Clearly!
We have are having the same issues with Bluetooth. Call several people always garbled on their end we can hear them just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe they replaced the mic... I dont know. I'm done. Filing complaint with the NCDS. I'm done :( radio is now going out without me even using my phone. Honda service manager wont even listen to me anymore. Said to me he doesn't want to keep throwing parts at it and since they had another on the lot sound the same.. aka have the issue as mine... he says he sees nothing to fix :( so beyond frustrated with this company and will never ever buy a honda again!

·
Registered
2019 Odyssey EX-L
2 Posts
I believe they replaced the mic... I dont know. I'm done. Filing complaint with the NCDS. I'm done :( radio is now going out without me even using my phone. Honda service manager wont even listen to me anymore. Said to me he doesn't want to keep throwing parts at it and since they had another on the lot sound the same.. aka have the issue as mine... he says he sees nothing to fix :( so beyond frustrated with this company and will never ever buy a honda again!
Same issue. 2019 Odyssey EX-L. iPhone Xr. The phone drops out like crazy when going through the car audio system, but the call is perfect as soon as you switch back to the handset.

Has ZERO to do with the carrier.

Honda needs to work with Apple and fix this, or they'll both lose customers. And Honda needs to fix their infotainment system. Way too many glitches. Not up to what I thought were Honda's standards.

So disappointed with this Odyssey purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have android... tested 2 other androids and an iPhone all 3 sounded the same... only thing in common with all of them is honda :( I've spoken to two people who have no issues at all with their 2019 odysseys... so idk what is different but there is a glimpse of hope it's not all of them... and hopefully honda will own up to it and admit there is a problem!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts