Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2012 EX-L and trying to pair my phone (which I did check, is compatible). When I follow the manual steps, the car screen says 'No Phone Connected'. I dont have any other option to pair my phone. I have my phone bluetooth turned on and in discoverable mode. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd be tempted to drive by the dealer, go in and get my salesman, and ask him to come out and pair it. Having said that I have a 2011 EXL and the software for the Bluetooth connection is obviously buggy. Sometimes I have the exact problem you are describing and cannot discover the ohone. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it tells me my phone does not have the feature enabling it to import call history. The next time I make a phone call the phone merrily starts importing call history only to have it all disappears again a few days later. I believe I saw another thread on this issue and you might get some advice there. Also might try borrowing a phone from someone else and seeing if it can pair that one. I have successfully paired an iPhone 4 and a Gallaxy S2 Vibrant.......most days. Both phones often used to drop calls but for reasons known only to God and computer programmers, that issue at least appears to have resolved. Best of luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
12 EX with no Bluetooth problems using a Droid 1 (smartphone) and Samsung Intensity (basic phone with Bluetooth, not a smartphone like the Droid). When first pairing the phones I did notice a delay of about 15 seconds where it said no phone connected. But after about a minute everything was synced up and no problems since.

Once of our favorite features is we never have to tell the system which phone to pair to because it figures it out automatically based on whoever is in the vehicle. So my advice would be to start from scratch and just be patient when you first pair it up, give it about a minute and see if it resolves itself. Good luck.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Use the google seaarch tool on the right hand side of this page and you will see several threads in this forum dealing with similar issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was able to pair my wife's iphone, but not my iphone. Took it to the dealer for several items and they were able to pair my phone. I don't know what they did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts