Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a cheap set of steel wheels from a BMW and want to double check that they’ll work before I get tires mounted.
-Do I need a different sort of lug nuts than the stock from my 2009 EX (Alloy wheels)?
-Any problems with them being for the slightly larger M12 studs va M14?
-Am I missing anything?

(I ordered nylon hub centric wheel spacers.)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well hopefully the diameter of the stud is the same . As that might be a issue . As I read the spec sheet they are larger on odyssey and they wont fit around studs But bolt pattern is the same .
so I think only thing you might need to worry about is stud diameter as the odyssey is larger. But you can always just make them larger with a Dremel tool . Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just saw this post.. and thought I'd comment if you haven't already mounted it... Certainly test fit it on your car first would be the smart idea. In general, the alloys do fit, however I'm not sure about metal wheels. Often a good cool upgrade is using 7 series rims on the minivans, it's been done a few times before. I can say for certain my older bmw rims do fit perfectly fine but you need "tuner" lugs which is more narrow. The stock lugs will not fit in the recess as with pretty much every stock lug nut on an aftermarket wheel. Since you're going with steelies it shouldn't matter though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is your decision what you buy but in my personal opinion is that the most economic way to have a set of winter tires with rims if you buy a set of used wheels on Ebay/Amazon. Yes, it may have a few scratches here and there but it is for the winter. I have studded tires as we often use the Ody to travel into or over the mountains and I bought a set of used factory rims on Ebay with some cosmetic flaws. I can swap the plastic hub covers also, no need to buy a different set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts