Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, sorry to beat a dead horse here with BMW wheels, but I couldn’t find any info regarding weather or not a 2018 BMW X1’s wheels will fit on my wife’s 2012 Odyssey, so any help would sincerely be appreciated.
Time to buy tires for her and someone listed some beautiful BMW wheels with almost new tires for almost as much as it’d cost me just to buy the new rubber for the Ody.
If these wheels will fit, I’m buying them for sure. Lol
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
NO!

In addition to fit, appearance, and price, you need to be concerned with the more basic requirements of speed and load ratings. Speed will be fine here, but not load.

Squinting really hard at the photo you provides seems to show the current load rating as 95 (the 95V or 95Y, can't tell, following the size shown on the sidewall). The V (149 mph) or Y (186 mph) is the speed rating, which will be fine for the Odyssey, but the load rating, 95, is not even close.

Not sure about your Odyssey, but it is probably similar to my 2011 LX, which specifies 235/65R17 103T

The T speed rating means a humble 118 mph, so that would be fine with those tires.

The 103 load rating means 875 kg per tire, vs. the 95 = 690 kg per tire for the ones you're considering.

Similarly, I expect the wheels are designed accordingly - designed to carry an X1 vs. an Odyssey, and may not have the safety factor your car needs.

So if you can find tires that meet or exceed the 103T load+speed ratings, (or whatever those numbers are for your specific Odyssey) and the wheels to match that, and they fit, and you like them, ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sir for pointing that out!
damn good eye if I do say so. Lol
Would you happen to know if those wheels would fit tho?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Looks up the offset for BMW and the wheel lugnut pattern

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
647 Posts
Those don't look like OEM BMW wheels to me - the style and center cap is off. It also looks like the X1 is 5x112, not 5x120 and the center bore is wrong (oversized). At least the offset would work (not that it matters, the bolt pattern is wrong).

-Charlie

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Those don't look like OEM BMW wheels to me - the style and center cap is off. It also looks like the X1 is 5x112, not 5x120 and the center bore is wrong (oversized). At least the offset would work (not that it matters, the bolt pattern is wrong).

-Charlie
Yep aftermarket or replica. Run away or else you'll get vibration issues.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Aside from the load rating on the tires, you'd also need to be mindful of the hub diameter - both cars use hubcentric rims, but the diameters are different - you'd need an adapter to use them on the odyssey (72.56mm -> 64.1mm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts