Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the body-colored side molding, or any color molding for that matter, is an optional accessory; whereas my '04 it just came with the EX-L.

Is this an option that I should consider? I haven't gotten a quoted price back yet, but I'd like to have some opinions for when I do.

Are the moldings able to protect the sides? Are they stylish? Or is this something that Honda just wants to make more money by selling it as an option? Even the top-of-the-line doesn't have moldings as a standard feature.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think the molding makes the van look better and it does protect the sides, although if Honda had designed it to be placed higher up it would protect much better. It can be a DIY project, but if you stick it on wrong, it is very unforgiving. It is only about $150 online, but maybe $200 or more at the dealer, before installation. I did our new van and had done our MDX. Anyway, you can find pictures of some with the molding online and here in other threads where you can see some with the molding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed the body moldings on myself. Fairly simple installation. Just take the time to check...double check...before you pull off the double sided tape.

I think it definitely looks better with the moldings.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it definitely looks better with the moldings.
Can you post up some better pics of your Polished Metal Metallic van with the moldings? I sent you a PM about them but you never responded...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you post up some better pics of your Polished Metal Metallic van with the moldings? I sent you a PM about them but you never responded...
email sent

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the molding makes the van look better and it does protect the sides, although if Honda had designed it to be placed higher up it would protect much better. It can be a DIY project, but if you stick it on wrong, it is very unforgiving. It is only about $150 online, but maybe $200 or more at the dealer, before installation. I did our new van and had done our MDX. Anyway, you can find pictures of some with the molding online and here in other threads where you can see some with the molding.
I agree

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After deliberation, I did choose the side moldings and I'm glad I did. I don't think it will prevent dings, but it does break up the otherwise large metal surface of the doors.
My dealer charged $210 (installed). That and the cargo tray ($88) were very worth it.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I guess everyone has an opinion. I like the clean look without the molding, but I may not like the look after I get door dings. :( On the other hand some people are saying it doesn't prevent door dings, so unless you like the look of the molding, why bother?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also liked the look of the moldings. But I decided not to install them on the 2011. My 04 had 2 or 3 dings that didn't even come close to the body molding (the last one a week before the trade-in for the 2011 model).:ahh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts