Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to clean my 03's throttle body this past weekend and discovered that the front bolt on the passenger side of the manifold cover (lower left hand bolt when standing looking down into the engine compartment) had been cross-threaded by a Honda tech at some prior point. Consequently, the threads at the end of the bolt and the flange that it screws into are buggered. :rolleyes:

Eyeballing which parts I'll need to get this fixed up, I went to Bernardi's site & found the bolt part # fairly readily. The flange was a bit more trouble though. I think I've got the right one but was hoping someone'd be able to validate this for me.

Looking at the Intake Manifold Assembly parts diagram for an '03 EX-L it looks to my eye to be item # 9 in the - part no. 17113-P8E-A00, part description 'Intake Manifold Cover Stay B'. Can anyone confirm that this'd be the correct part for that bolt to thread into?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
To me it looks to be the part you are looking for. I have a stripped bolt for the cover too but never bothered. I bet the dealer is going to want $5 for that little part.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the word, NKND. And the prices are even worse than that actually:

-Bolt (P/N 90031-P8F-A00): $3.42 at local dealer, $1.85 at College Hills
-Stay B (P/N 17113-P8E-A00) $24.62 locally, $2.81 at College Hills.

Boy, they really kill you on that stay, eh? :eek:

Tangentially, through advice here I ended up trying an order through College Hills Honda and it was really a good experience. Placing the order was seamless, they contact before they proceed with the order to let you know what shipping and customs will be to get your confirmation. They even called you at home if they need to. They contacted me, letting me know that I'd ordered part x and assembly y and did I know that assembly y included part x (I did, part x was for someone else). Shipping was blinding fast - same day the order was confirmed & arrived at my house three days later. Very impressive.

I dunno if/where you order from but definitely keep these guys in mind - maybe you could just tag these two items onto your next order of stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts