Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change out the brake fluid on my 2001EX by the normal brake bleeding method. Are there any special considerations since it has ABS or is the normal up/down and open/close method of brake bleeding adequate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It should be normal. I never heard of any special considerations because of ABS on Hondas. Just stick to Honda-recommended sequence: start on left front wheel and go clockwise (LF -> RF -> RR -> LR). And speaking from my experience spray some penetrating oil on those bleeder screws and wait 10 minutes...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be normal. I never heard of any special considerations because of ABS on Hondas. Just stick to Honda-recommended sequence: start on left front wheel and go clockwise (LF -> RF -> RR -> LR). And speaking from my experience spray some penetrating oil on those bleeder screws and wait 10 minutes...
Thanks for the information. Each bleeder will get a shot of PB blaster well in advance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
what's the size of the tube that I need?
I bought a cheapo brake bleeding kit from harbor and I don't think the fittings are right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts