Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have an 05 with just about 65k on the clock. We bought it at about 30k CPO a few years back.

It was getting to the point where the brakes were feeling like bricks. To stop fast, you had to stand on the pedal and effort was higher than I thought it should be during normal driving. So I figured I would bleed the system before I spent real money on brake upgrades.

I found a bleed order only for the 2nd gen on here so that's what I followed. Holy smokes what a difference.

The brakes are now work like new. Stand on them and it will put your lips through the windshield. Normal usage is back to how I feel it should feel.

Prior to this I was considering slotted rotors and more aggressive pads, but just bleeding the system put the brakes where I thought they should be. Now, I am not saying I might not still upgrade the rotors and pads, but now I feel like they work like they should.

The moral of the story is bleed your brakes. If you haven't done it, go do it now...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good to do every 2 years even though Honda says every 3. Glad it solved your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts