Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 (85k, NoVa garaged most of its life) recently developed a slow brake fluid leak. I have to top if off every couple weeks with a couple ounces of fluid. There isn't any obvious leakage around the reservoir or Master cylinder. Before I start picking up corners and looking at the lines from the wheels back, are there any likely locations for leakage?

Thanks,

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have not experienced brake fluid leaks with my Odyssey, but with my '82 Corvette I have experienced leaks at the calipers where fluid gets past the pistons. Last summer I had to replace a caliper, bench bleed the master cylinder, and bleed the entire system. I'd look on the inside of your wheels and see if one or more has brake fluid on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a '07 EXL that was leaking into the brake booster. My leak got progressively worse with no sign of where the fluid was going. I removed the master cylinder from the booster and found the leak around the piston coming out of the back of the master cylinder and collecting into the booster.

Just another possibility to consider.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Our old 05 had a similar issue - mysteriously vanishing brake fluid, all lines dry... ended up being a seal in the master (as a poster above had) - the booster was full of the missing fluid - replaced both the master and the booster, and all was well after that - there was then a recall for the part, but I don't remember which years - Honda reimbursed me for the cost of the repair (just parts, as I did the repair myself)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts