Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I needed to replace a front (passenger side Shock). It was not handling dips at all. Pothole like hits to that wheel, sounded terrible and hit hard. If the wheel went up it worked fine. Long story short I replaced the front shocks/struts (have the rears ready to go in). While in there I decided to get rid of the Horrible brakes on the Odyssey. I have about 51k miles. Going downhill or when they warmed up/hot I had major brake wobble. Rotors actually looked fine the pads looked almost cracked. So I replaced front brakes and front shocks. New Pads and Rotors. Used a setup from Tire Rack. Akenbono Street Performance Pad and the Centric Premium Rotors. KYB Struts and Shocks.

Seeded the brakes in, in typical fashion. All seemed good until I was returning home and noticed that I have a Brake Howl, when braking and turning. I brake going straight, there is no sound and it brakes fine. If I turn without braking, all is fine and no issues. If I brake and Turn at the SAME time I get a tuning fork like sound. I am completely stumped. Any ideas? Anyone ever run into this? Tomorrow I am gonna open up the wheels and go back over everything, but stopping power is good, no other noises, ride is smooth on the front.

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on Bleeding the brakes with new fluid at some point, probably when I replace the rear shocks, since I will need to take the rear wheels off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I did break in the brake pads. about 5, 40 to 5 stops, then about 8, 60 to 5 mph stops. Brakes feel good, but it only does it while turning. I think it is limited to the passenger side. Gonna start there and take it apart, re-lube everything again, torque, check the brake hardware (replacable).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back into the passenger side. Took it apart. Re-Lubed the sliders, played with the clips. I think maybe the clips might have been hanging up a little. Applied brake grease again but in larger amounts to the clips, piston face, all the contact points (not the pad face or rotor). Put it all back together and it seems to have gone away. So I guess if you experience this, re-lube everything. I did notice that the bolts to the caliper sliders are different top to bottom. Bottom has a small rubber/plastic piece on the end of the bolt slider. Not sure why, but if you confuse them, they belong on the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts