Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 odyssey brake lights not working at all. I checked the stop fuse under the hood and it was not blown. The switch at the brake pedal works because I can hear it click at the gear shifter. Tried new switch still same problem. No brake light indicater light on dash. No bulbs blown any other fuses or ideas of the problem.

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
Could be a defective brake light failure sensor.

·
Registered
10,141 Posts

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Check Fuse #47 (20A) in the Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box and Fuse #9 (10A) in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box (although if this one is blown you would have no reverse lights or gauge assembly).

The 7443 bulb is for the brake/taillight and is combination 21/5 W, not to be confused with the 7440 for the signal light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check that sensor today. I checked the fuse under the hood. I tried a new brake light switch at the brake peddle. And the brake lights r the only thing that's not working. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this issue in my 2003 odyssey. Fuses are fine, bulbs are new..... lights don't brighten when brake is pressed except for the lift gate light. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
A failed brake light failure sensor will cause only the high mount light to illuminate. That one bypasses the sensor as the sensor does not monitor it.

Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
A failed brake light failure sensor will cause only the high mount light to illuminate. That one bypasses the sensor as the sensor does not monitor it.

Dave
Thanks for the info! Just had my '02 in the shop to diagnose drivers sliding door issues. No brake lights except for 3rd one. Pried open the drivers side rear panel and found the brake light failure senser plug not seated fully.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Thanks for the info! Just had my '02 in the shop to diagnose drivers sliding door issues. No brake lights except for 3rd one. Pried open the drivers side rear panel and found the brake light failure senser plug not seated fully.
Thank you for posting and verifying. It's always good to see posts like this added to a thread that can affect all of us Gen 2 owners.

OF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts