Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the re-wiring of the glovebox light idea.... along those same lines.... is there a way to rig the tail lights so that the entire taillight lights up when braking .... currently only the extreme right and left light up when braking....(IMHO) i think it would look a lot better to have the whole unit light up for braking.... not to mention it would be safer since it would make it that much more visible.... to other drivers

------------------
jay-q
'01 GG EX-N
'91 Accord LX

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know yet, but I have been thinking about the same thing. I think the Ody's brake lights are too small and hard to see. I've been planning on looking into this, but I haven't had the time yet. Hopefully someone else has already thought about this and has some good news. I'll post back to the forum once I finally decide to look back there.

Bor

------------------
'00 GG EX

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with you both. If you guys find it possible and not too involved, I would consider doing it too. I can't imagine any problems with legalities - anyone see any?

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
153 Posts
It would depend on the state law. I don't think there would be any problem in California, as long as none of the other light functions are disabled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jay-q:
i really like the re-wiring of the glovebox light idea.... along those same lines.... is there a way to rig the tail lights so that the entire taillight lights up when braking .... currently only the extreme right and left light up when braking....(IMHO) i think it would look a lot better to have the whole unit light up for braking.... not to mention it would be safer since it would make it that much more visible.... to other drivers

</font>
I don't think that is a light across the back of the Ody. They are just reflectors so you would have to have an entire new assembly with electrical/bulbs in it. maybe an after market source has it. I dont know.
Deano

·
Registered
276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jay-q:

</font>
The easiest way would be to get a couple of wedge bulb (21W) sockets and stick them into the tail light socket but it'll vibrate.
The other way is to remove the brake light assembly, remove the socket (the one that has dual filament, 20/4W) and see it will fit the tail light assembly. You probably need to do some modification for it to fit, but then you cannot buy just the socket, you have to buy the complete harness with 2 sockets and it cost about $20 each.

Either way, you need to run a new wire from the third brake light to the tail light assembly. I think the amount of work required is just too much.

------------------
Harry
'99 CS EX

·
Registered
12 Posts
Adding additional lights? I would highly recommend only using LED fixtures. JC Whitney has them for about $5-15. The bulbs (LEDs) last forever, apply them virtually anywhere, won't rust or corrode, etc.

------------------
Larry Hunt
95 Odyssey
88 Integra
94 Accord

·
Registered
74 Posts
What I would like to do is have the high brake light flash, preferably faster as I applied the brake harder. I think this can be annoying, but that's part of the point - which of course is to get attention. Anyone know what needs to be added to an Oddy to accomplish this? It's factory on some makes and models of cars.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
I had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.

·
Registered
276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kelsen:
What I would like to do is have the high brake light flash, preferably faster as I applied the brake harder. I think this can be annoying, but that's part of the point - which of course is to get attention. Anyone know what needs to be added to an Oddy to accomplish this? It's factory on some makes and models of cars.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
I had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
</font>
You have a few choices:
- Battery powered - http://www.brakeflasher.com
- Hardwired - http://www.chromeworld.com/signaldynamics/brakelightflashermodule.html
- Homemade - http://www.miata.net/garage/brakeflash.html

------------------
Harry
'99 CS EX

[This message has been edited by hgani (edited 04-26-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts