Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our 2009 Ody I feel a brake pulsation when braking at highway speeds (65-75 mph). Almost feels like a warped rotor, but we've only got 8700 miles on it. Anyone else have this happen?

It goes in Friday for the tranny judder recall; I'll mention it then. I envision them saying brake wear isn't covered, but that's awfully soon for something like this.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Brakes are covered for 1 year and 12K miles. And yes this has happened before due to warping and also due to rust due to vans sitting on the lots for too long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It could also happen due to uneven pad transfer/deposit on the rotor, which happened to our '05 EX-L 2 years ago. I sanded the rotors and the issue never comes back.

I also had the same issue with my 3-series 2 weeks ago - and for this one it was due to rust (at least that's what they said anyway, which I didn't believe). BMW warranty does not cover rust on rotors (I'm not sure about Honda's), so I did the same thing - sanded the rotors, and that fixed it as well.

Hope yours isn't due to warped rotor(s) (which is unlikely, IMO).

·
Registered
194 Posts
My 08 Ody had the same problem when it was at about 5000miles. It was silky smooth the first 5000miles, but then all of a sudden it started vibrating. The dealer machined the front rotors and fixed it for free. I now have 15000miles and its still good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
some rotors warp very easily. All you have to do is ride the brakes hard and then drive the wheel into a puddle and bam, you have a warped rotor. Rapid cooling of very hot metal does it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts