quicker now and the brakes feel
firmer.
i hope it stays this way. got to the
dealership around 8:45. out around
12:20. not too bad.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting. Can you give more details, is this a brand new recall, as I just had my '06 in dealer in mid July and also had checked on line but didn't see recalls. I know yours is 05 but just wondering if this was a new deal or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not gotten then notice either and i have an 05. The damn thing vibrates so bad at 60mph the back of my head hurts where it joins the spine. How do I find out more info on this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brake and software

i have an '08, and i received the
notices in the mail from honda
corp.
the software update in the letter indicates years 07 - 09.
brake recall 07 - 08.
here's the honda cust. srvc. no.
1 800 999 1009.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just had both of the recalls done yesterday and boy oh boy what a difference in the braking performance. Nice firm brake pedal now. The ironic thing is that I brought my van in right after I bought it in 07' and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. It really pisses me off that my wife has been hauling our two kids around for years now with ****ty brakes.
Oh well it's done now and the wife is happy.

·
Registered
755 Posts
kngfisher said:
I have not gotten then notice either and i have an 05. The damn thing vibrates so bad at 60mph the back of my head hurts where it joins the spine. How do I find out more info on this?
Im pretty sure 05models aren't included in this recall. And for the vibration, just get your rotors resurfaced or get new ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the recall completed and the brake pedal felt very different for awhile but now it's feeling squishy again, sometimes it compresses more when I'm at a complete stop at a traffic light. Anyone had continuing problems with this? I'm taking it in tomorrow to complain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i didn't remember receiving anything about a recall! i just left my service dept a msg inquiring about the recall. i notice my wife's van has the same squishy brakes when i drove it the other day. of course my question to her was: why don't you ever notice anything wrong with your car unless i point it out? :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after brake recall

hi all.
after having the brake recall done,
the brakes felt great. nice and firm.
a few weeks go buy, and they're
starting to go soft.
not like they originally were, but
before they do i took it to the