Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 14 Odyssey Touring Elite. My wife makes almost all short trips of a fee miles. We take it on vacation once a year. In 5 years, she hasn't put 60,000 miles on it. The front rotors just started to warp. Pads just getting near done. Rears are still in okay shape. But, I decided to replace both sets of rotors and pads. The dealership wanted $500 each for the front and back to do rotors and pads. I had rotors and pads made from Brake Performance out in California. Came within a week. Had a local shop install them. Only saved me about $200 in total but these appear thicker and more substantial. Brake feel is softer than I would like but they are quiet. My old 09 Accord EX-L use to eat front rotors every 35k miles. These were the only rotors that made it longer than that. I've only got about 500 miles on these new rotors and pads. So far, so good. We also installed Perrilli Scorpion tires this past summer. Her van chews up tires from Michelin to General. Can't get 30,000 miles out of a set of tires. These are XL load rates so I am hoping they last longer. Road pretty rough the first 5,000 miles while they burned in. Much more subtle ride now. Hated them at first though. Holding up well so far. I am guessing all the weight in the front of these vans makes them eat the tires. But our rotors and pads lasted a full 5 years.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts