Honda Odyssey Forum banner

301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apparently it was just a matter of proper bedding because now I can really feel a definitive improvement over stock.
It feels just as Joe422 was describing it: at the beginning the pedal feels a bit on the soft side but then at some point it bites strong...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I‘m late to the party and just did this big brake upgrade on my ‘06 and the difference in stopping power was very noticeable. I went with cross drilled and slotted rotors. The new 245 tires helped too. Next up would be stainless steel brake lines. Thanks to joe422 for starting this trend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The other day I had to make my first panic stop on the new Pilot setup and the van performed admirably well and stopped without much effort or hesitation. Honestly I think I would have crushed if I was still using the OEM configuration so again really BIG thanks to Joe422 for his findings and sharing 👍

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was excited when I first saw the thread but after reading that the upgrade kit were not for Odyssey then I skipped. I am not the one who want to mod the car especially the brake. We drove for long trips in the hot summers and went to skiing in the winters, and I have never had problem with braking. It is just that I need to make sure I keep a safe distance with the front cars and I don't drive fast and then make a quick braking in the last minutes.
My only problem is that when I drive different cars, I forget the brakes respond differently than the one from Odyssey and get too many complaints from my wife and kids.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also did the brake upgrade after buying my 2008 Ody EXL in January.

Not sure why people are saying this will cost $1700.

Cost (CAD):
-brake parts from RockAuto $570 (not OEM. works just as great)
-MDX wheels with tires - $350
-4th gen ODY winter tires on steelies (blizzak ws80) - $400
-brake fluid $15

-sold previous set Winter wheels on steelies - $-400
-sold OEM alloys with tires - $-450
-core return - $-60

Total cost $425.

As for the difference. It is significant. Before the van felt like it didn't want to stop. and now the van stops easily like a normal car. Pedal travel is same as before, but requires less pressure to stop comfortably. Braking power is like an exponential curve similar to before. Emergency stops are no sweat. Good upgrade overall.

I will add SS brake lines after.

301 - 305 of 305 Posts