Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I live in Ottawa, Canada. I purchased a brand new 2019 Honda Odyssey and went to take delivery of the vehicle after completing the payment and financing documentation. During the pre-delivery inspection, my wife and I right away noticed chipped paint and visible rust at the both ends of the Hood towards the windshield. Sales person said, it looks like the vehicle is exposed to winter in outside. Sales person brought manager and he acted surprise that paint chipped at both ends. He said, it does not look like rust and just a discolored metal. I refused to take the delivery and told Sales person that I am not buying a brand new vehicle with chipped paint and visible rust. Sales person is going to talk to General manager and will come back with options in a day. Please share your thoughts on how I should deal with this situation.

New Honda Odyssy Touring 1.jpg New Honda Odyssy Touring 2.jpg New Honda Odyssy Touring 3.JPG

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Insist on a different vehicle. Do not accept a brand new van with re-painted fenders.

·
Registered
779 Posts
What did u ended up doing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have taken it with a discount and fixed it myself. A $500 discount would be enough provided I repaired it myself with 100 bucks tops in tools and an afternoon I’d be saving 400 bucks so we’ll worth it to me. Although I would have started at 800 discount and go from there they probably would give me a different one and fix it themselves and package it as new to the next guy to save that money so likely a moot point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts