Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
break-down warranty $21.00 per 6 month

GEICO is offering $21 per 6 month until 7yr/100000 miles on Ody. You pay over 7 years. But it has $250.00 deductible. Do you think it is good deal?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TwoKidsDad:
GEICO is offering $21 per 6 month until 7yr/100000 miles on Ody. You pay over 7 years or till 100k miles. But it has $250.00 deductible. Do you think it is good deal?

</font>

·
Registered
234 Posts
It all depends on the coverage. Make sure that it covers everything "bumper to bumper." I always buy the dealers package, as I feel that there is less hassle when you have a problem. I look at it as insurance. If I don't use it than I am a happy camper because the car is performing as it should, however I have had to have transmissions replaced (at least $1500). I have the 7/100,000 no deductable, Honda Care, and peace of mind. If I have an airconditioner pump go out, or the naviagation system go out, I take it to my Honda Dealer, and its fixed.

------------------
2002 SS EX/Nav

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called them for state of NC it works about $40 per six month 100k, 11 years $250.00 ded. what state are you in. this is something to consider.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is a reason why they sell these policies with a $250 deductible. Statistically, the average repair bill is around $225-275, thus only costing the insurance company $25 or so.

Additionally, if you purchase a non-Honda warranty, you run the risk of the insuring company denying your claims due to 'incorrect maintenance procedures' performed by your shop. Your Honda service manager will go to bat for you with Honda, but you're going to have to do all of the legwork with a third party warranty.

I'm not trying to sell Honda extended warranties, but for me it's worth a little extra for the peace-of-mind I'll have.

FWIW

------------------
"You can call me anything, but never call me late for dinner!"

01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 MB EX-L RES (End of March)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts