Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Odyssey. Here's what I got....

1. When I press pedal all side break lights don't work, but top middle one does.
2. I checked the horn/stop fuse and it's fine, and my horn works
3. I can shift out of park fine.
4. I changed the Brake light switch - that didn't help
5. When I lock my doors all of the back tail lights come on. So it can't be the bulbs...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
The brake lights are 2 filament bulbs if I am not mistaken. It has happened on here before when both sides of brake lights were out. I would try changing the bulb as only the brake light filament might have burnt out there by causing the blinks when you lock the car and even tail lights coming on when you turn on your headlights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definitely give that a try.

Just one question/comment - There are 4 diff lights for the breaks. Two on each side of the car, and two on each side of the trunk/hatch. So would it be possible for all 4 of them to burned out...?? Anything is possible, but it just seems pretty coincidental.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
I'll definitely give that a try.

Just one question/comment - There are 4 diff lights for the breaks. Two on each side of the car, and two on each side of the trunk/hatch. So would it be possible for all 4 of them to burned out...?? Anything is possible, but it just seems pretty coincidental.

Thanks
Yes. ALL 4 have burnt out at the same time as it was reported at least a couple of times on here. Its very coincidental and had it not been posted more than once, I'd have chalked it up as a fluke but try swapping in a new bulb on one of the 4 lights and see if that's the case. You should be able to see the burnt filament even before you buy a new bulb if you wanna remove one now and take a peek.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so I bought a new bulb and that didn't do anything. I read somewhere else that it may be the "break light failure sensor which is located behind the spare tire.

I got behind the tire and found a small square piece with wires going to it which I would assume is the sensor....???

Anyway, is there a way I can test it to see if that the problem? Also, does anyone know what it looks like so I can verify I'm looking at the right part?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I was happy to find out that it was nothing. It appears that the auto store sold me the wrong bulb which is why it didn't work when I replaced it. I took it to my mechanic and it was just the bulbs that burnt out. So I had to pay $30 to have them replace the bulb. It was a little embarrassing, but at least it wasn't something more expensive...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts