Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bridgestone Blizzak Winter Tires $100 -- SOLD

A set of 4 WS-50 Bridgestone Blizzak tires. Used only one season (12/07 - 04/08). Have receipt (purchased 12/31/07).

DOT#
3 - EPKUDJF3003
1 - EPKUDJF3103

Tread depth measurements:
2 - 5/16" in the middle
2 - 3/8" in the middle

We used these one season when we lived in Denver, but got transferred to Nashville. We've held on to them because of the possibility of getting transferred back to Denver. That isn't going to happen and now I'd like to sell them. Buyer to pay actual shipping cost.

$100 for the set.

SOLD

Evan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops. I guess having the tire size would help...

They are 235/60/16 and were used on our 2005 EX-L.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Something's strange about buying tires in Dec 07 already 4+ years old at that time. I wonder what was up with that. WS50 came before ws60, just now releasing ws70 (incremental changes each gen probably not as important as age).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
homer's van said:
Something's strange about buying tires in Dec 07 already 4+ years old at that time. I wonder what was up with that. WS50 came before ws60, just now releasing ws70 (incremental changes each gen probably not as important as age).
I'm not sure what is strange about buying new tires that aren't right from the tire factory (it isn't milk ;)). The tire store didn't say how old they were, but they were definitely brand new and served us well while we had them on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Assuming they weren't left in the sun and were stored someplace reasonable, no reason they shouldn't be fine despite their age.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rubber oxidizes and hardens, winter tires need to retain their flexibility during cold temps. It's not that they were 3 years old - it is not customary, but it happens - but that they are now much older than that. Tire companies suggest 6 years life, take that as you will (they sell tires and they face liability). Even if it's really 8 years, these started off negative 3. Search elsewhere here for very recent dry rot question on 2 year old Michelins for examples of aged tire problems, even premature ones.
(Maybe our friend L in Canada cares to contribute an opinion, too.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, tough crowd. I had stored my Dunlops many years ago, came off of a Jetta GLX, sold to my friend and this was after many years, they performed to spec. I guess seeing some pictures would help this situation?
tanstaafl said:
Added tread depth info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts