Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give you a FYI on the new Britax Expressway with HUGS and ISOFIT.
I was a big fan of Britax! I own 2 roundabouts and I just bought a Expreeway with ISOFIT and HUGS. My disapointment in the Expressway with HUGS is great. I do like the ISOFIT!

First the HUGS system does not fit a "larger child" correctly. The chest clip is above the armpits and can not be adjusted down. Only after a number of calls to Britax was I told there was a replacement strap for the HUGS that would fit larger children. My child is 17 months old! Also, I have learned that some of the HUGS have C-clips that are too small and can causes the HUGS to come apart. As in my case, when I try to adjust the elastomer pads the c-clip comes out. So botton line if you have a Expressway with HUGS call Britax and get a new strap and c-clip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by momto3:
So botton line if you have a Expressway with HUGS call Britax and get a new strap and c-clip.</font>
I totally agree! I have the Expressway, and the HUGS was a nightmare, because it was practically strangling my 2 yr old, and he'd refuse to sit in it, obviously. I got the "longer" HUGS, and since then, no problems! It's now adjustable, and he still has plenty of growing room w/the HUGS and actual seat.

Good luck! I hope the new HUGS works out for you. Overall, though, I LOVE Britax seats (I have the Super Elite, and love it!), and their customer service really tries to help w/problems (most of them, that is LOL).

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX

-cassette
-mud guards
-cargo mat
-cargo tray

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought the Expressway ISOFIT as well and experienced the same issue. I'll call tomorrow and get the new straps. Thanks for posting this, otherwise I would have probably just assumed this was how they were suppossed to fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just an update...

I received the new, Longer HUGS straps from Britax yesterday and installed them last night. It made a huge difference in the way the seat fits my two year old daughter now. She is much more comfortable.

The seat install is also a breeze and rock solid with the LATCH connecters.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts