Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today was finally the day where we took delivery of our Granite Green EX-L RES. Gorgeous... just gorgeous. That was my first thought when I saw it sitting on the showroom floor. After three months of waiting, it was finally here.

The paperwork didn't take very long at all, and Kent (our sales consultant) went through the features of the vehicle. At last the moment came where he opened the showroom doors, drove our Ody out, and gave me the key.

Since the vehicle is my wife's primary transport, I figured she was entitled to the first drive. So, we rushed into the Ody, tried our hardest to wipe the smiles off of our faces while repeatedly inhaling deeply the new car smell mixed with that luscious leather. She started the engine... wow, now that is what I call a smoooooooth engine. She gently eased it out of the dealership and onto the street. I just could not help but notice how different this vehicle felt from the 2002 EX-L that I drove a few months ago at another dealership.

When I first drove the '02 back in October, the vehicle was much louder than I expected. Maybe it was an early model that didn't have all the kinks worked out yet? Well, what ever the case may be, our Ody certainly did not disappoint us. We sampled the CD player with one of our favorite CD's. I have to say that I was impressed with the sound.

From the posts that I had read on this board, it seemed that the audio system did not sound very good, but I really felt it was a decent sounding system... crisp highs, audible bass that was powerful enough yet didn't distort. The audio system was extremely easy to operate and it didn't take long at all to become familiar with its operation.

At this point, we had arrived back at the dealer, where I picked up the car we originally came in, and we both went home. The drive home was about 25 minutes... but it sure felt longer. I was dying to get my hands back on that Odyssey.

As soon as we got home, I ran into the house, grabbed one of my favorite DVD's, and fired up the RES. I was *very* impressed with the clarity of the image on the fold-down screen and just as impressed with the crisp audio reproduction. I have to admit that at first I was really not sure I had made a good decision in opting for the DVD system... but now I am absolutely, 100% sure that this was the best choice for me. I was extremely pleased that the DVD audio can be broadcast over the speakers, rather than just through the wireless or wired headphones.

I didn't take my digital camera with me to the dealership, as I expected the Ody to be standing outside in the lot, but what a mistake that was. When I arrived, the Ody was inside the showroom... just glistening under the fluorescent lights. Truly breathtaking.

For the first time ever, I had dealt with a truly professional staff. I have bought cars from some prestigous marques before, such as Lexus and BMW, but the level of customer service that I received at Menlo Honda by Kent Lee and Van (don't remember the last name) was just outstanding. They were very friendly, patient, and most of all, informative. I was not able to get to the dealer until about 8:55pm, five minutes before their official close time, but Kent and Van of Menlo Honda in Redwood City, CA, were very patient and did not rush us at all. I highly recommend this dealership if you ever require a Honda dealer in the Peninsula.

Okay, I think that's enough for now! I'd better get some sleep, or else I'm gonna be slouched over my computer at the office tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with my post and I'll try to post pics soon.

------------------
2002 GG EX-L RES
1996 BMW 328i Manual Sport Pack w/goodies

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts