Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the way the bug deflector looks on the hood of the ODY but I can't figure out how you would close the hood without daamaging the deflector? If you press the hood down above the deflector won't the hood dent?

Anyone who has the deflector please tell me how you close it without causing damage.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
Hold the hood about halfway up and drop it.</font>
I don't hold mine quite "halfway up" but he's definitely got the general idea!

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have had them on 5 cars/suvs and I have never had a problem. I think they can add a certain sporty feel to the front of a bland car, and they do stop the stone chips from destroying the hood.

But why is the Ody deflector $140 ?!?!?!

The Honda deflector for my CRV was $55 !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased one for my Isuzu Trooper and had to remove it. It was redirecting the wind in such a way that at high-way speeds it created a very load and annoying wind noise. Hard to explain but it was difficult to hear over at certain speeds.

Isuzu gave me my money back (didn't even ask for the part back) I threw it away. I'm sure it was just poor engineering but thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Funny about the price. When I bought my '00, the dealer quoted rediculous prices for accessories (499 for cassette, 799 for fog lights, etc.), but only 125 installed for Deflecter, so I had him do it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
Funny about the price. When I bought my '00, the dealer quoted rediculous prices for accessories (499 for cassette, 799 for fog lights, etc.), but only 125 installed for Deflecter, so I had him do it.</font>
"Only"
$125!!! I did mine in about 30 minutes and I'd never done one before. Now that I know the proceedure, I could do it in 10 to 15. What some dealers get for these installations is truely mind boggling sometimes.

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Got mine from MacNeil auto for $47, installed it in 10 mins. This one offered the option of using double sided tape as well as screws. I use the double sided tape. All you have to do is to center the part, mark where the tabs would go, clean off the paint and stick on the part.

Here is the link for the site.

http://www.macneilauto.com/store/igsearch.asp?item_group_id=5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts