Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ody RP EX was ordered Nov. 30 2001. Since then I have called my dealer on two seperate occasions and both times they told me my build date is Feb. 24. That seems odd because it's a Sunday unless they work seven days a week. Anyone else have a build date on the week end?

I was also told delivery to the dealer would be March 7-10th and March 31-April 3.
I'll plan on the later date and maybe I will be surprised.

You could say I'm in the twilight of the Odyssey for the Odyssey.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The build date range I was given started on a Sunday and ended on a Thursday.

Maybe they use the starting time and date of the night shift?

------------------
Regards,

Maugham
_ _ ____________________ _ _

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L (It's RP, not "RRP") ;)
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces
Rockport MW351 Brown Boots (for winter) and '00 Brown Laces

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in Detroit. Many lines run 7 days per week, even 24 hrs per day (3 shifts instead of 2 shifts), if sales merit it. BTW, the old wives tales that exist regarding not buying cars built on Monday or Friday, etc. really do not apply in todays' economy, IMHO, because many line workers do not work traditional Monday-Friday work weeks, or even 9-5 workdays, like they did 20 years ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Odd, I ordered a GG EXL NAVI from Maroone Honda in Miami an February 11. They say it'll be in by the end of March. 6 weeks. Am I naive to believe them?

[This message has been edited by BadAngler (edited 02-27-2002).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Remington:
I live in Detroit. Many lines run 7 days per week, even 24 hrs per day (3 shifts instead of 2 shifts), if sales merit it...</font>
Remington,

What do you think about Honda's build range always being between Sunday and Thursday? Does that mean that they don't do a final assembly step on Friday or Saturday? Or ???

Thanks!

Maugham

·
Registered
628 Posts
Mine was built on a weekend timeframe (between a Friday and a Sunday) and it arrived in near perfect condition. The only fault I have found in a month and a half is the steering column plastic cover beneath the instrument panel is a little cockeyed. I just haven't taken it back to the dealer yet.

------------------
Mike Lowary
Freeport, IL

'02 GG EX-L
splash guards, Honda 6 disc in dash CD changer, Honda fog lights, cargo tray, genuine leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer TS-1695 front speakers

'96 Honda Accord EX
'01 Honda Goldwing ABS
'96 Honda Helix

·
Registered
596 Posts
What the Sunday deal is all about is that they assemble a few vans in the parking lot of a Baptist church, down there in "Bama, and, of course, the best day to do that would be on Sunday, Hee! Hee! That model would be an EX-SER and come with a CD of the weekly sermon already in the player......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Jerry O:
What the Sunday deal is all about is that they assemble a few vans in the parking lot of a Baptist church, down there in "Bama, and, of course, the best day to do that would be on Sunday, Hee! Hee! That model would be an EX-SER and come with a CD of the weekly sermon already in the player......

Jerry O.
If my van is to be ordained via the Babtist church I guess I'll be one of the lucky few driving a Holy OOHDY.
I guess this means no more cuss words in the van and I definitly cannot play that Blue Oyster cult song "Don't Fear The Reaper"

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer gave me an assembly date range of 4-8 March (Monday to Friday). Maybe he was just translating for me.

------------------
'02 TW EX-L
Previous Hondas:
'88 Prelude S
'78 Accord Hatchback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts