Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an idea for Honda for built-in seats:

Make child seats that replace the 2nd captains chairs. Seems simple enough... Just create a childseat that mounts onto the floor mounts in the Odyssey.

You can't use the seat w/ a child seat in it anyway (or a leave-in-base), and I bet a lot of parents would like the solidity that such a mounting would provide. I know I would.

When you don't want to use the child seat, just lift that seat off the Odyssey and put the adult one back in.

What do you think? Sound smart or silly?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I think it's a nice idea. Probably the reason it hasn't been done is cost. To make a child seat fit the Honda seat mount would require a significant amount of hardware. Most seats use structural plastics, without alot of metal. To do this right, I would bet the price would be very high. Having said that, I would probably buy one (actually two!), regardless of cost.
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
103 Posts
Before I converted to LATCH your idea sounds like a good idea. But with LATCH I think that'll give you the very quick and easy in/out of the child seat without the cost and lifting of your "dedicated" seats.

Buy or try a friend's LATCH seat and see if it makes you as thrilled as it did me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts