Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TE is having major paint issues on the bumper. I know there was TSB regarding the alignment of the bumper to the next panel on the car and that was causing paint to peel off. I've had both bumpers realigned and the paint fixed on the front. Now my back bumper has the paint peeling off. It's peeling on both sides of the car. Besides having Honda fix the spots that are peeling.... what else should I do? I'm thinking of asking for a letter guaranteeing the paint for a certain amount of time. I have taken care of the paint properly since I purchased the car and clearly there is an issue with the paint adhering to the car. I've never seen paint peel off a car out of all of the cars I've had in the past.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Besides having Honda fix the spots that are peeling.... what else should I do? I'm thinking of asking for a letter guaranteeing the paint for a certain amount of time.
Isn't the paint covered already by the 3-yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Isn't the paint covered already by the 3-yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty?
I believe tl01 refers to the painting done as part of the warranty work (i.e. TSB).

I'd say to have the dealer do the back bumper and guarantee the work for 3 years after done. I also applied the front bumper TSB and the paint job looks better than the factory one for a change. I hope the actual paint quality is better too :rollingeyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
I have had to repaint 3 panels on da Accord due to flaking clear coat in month 4 of ownership. Work was warrantied for life by the stealer.
The bumber of the Ody that I returned due to paint mis-match was also supposedly warrantied for life from the dealer. (BTW both were different dealership but both are under the Hendrick Automotive Group umbrella)

tl01 here needs to ask the dealer what their policy is instead of having us all speculate. :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I have had to repaint 3 panels on da Accord due to flaking clear coat in month 4 of ownership. Work was warrantied for life by the stealer.
The bumber of the Ody that I returned due to paint mis-match was also supposedly warrantied for life from the dealer. (BTW both were different dealership but both are under the Hendrick Automotive Group umbrella)

tl01 here needs to ask the dealer what their policy is instead of having us all speculate. :)
The problem is that there is always a loophole with those statements. i.e. Guaranteed for life, but what would tear and wear mean? Or care of the vehicle? Or limited? :D

Hendrick Collision

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
The problem is that there is always a loophole with those statements. i.e. Guaranteed for life, but what would tear and wear mean? Or care of the vehicle? Or limited? :D

Hendrick Collision
Agreed. But the Accord was repainted in early 2002 and the repaints have held up VERY well. No change in appearance. Now, granted the panels were all metal which make a huge difference as paint adheres to metal rather easily. Those days, Hendrick Collision did not exist at least here in Charlotte. The Accord was sent to a body shop to get painted. :)

The bumper was painted at an external body shop as well in Rock Hill, SC and the van was sent to them as the dealer was having trouble with fitment of the bumper the first go around so they ordered a new clip and sent all of it to a body shop. No use of Hendrick Collision in that case either. But I wouldn't know how it would have held up as I returned the bumper within 4 days due to drastic paint mismatch only at certain angles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts