Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Michigan, but we purchased our 2011 Odyssey in Ohio. They require front license plates in Ohio but NOT in Michigan. So we took off the dealer installed front plate holder and now have 2 screw holes in the bumper that do not look so great.

Anyone know of a plug of some sort that will cover these holes up?

I called the dealer and nothing exists.

I found a place called Bumperplugs.com that does these things for Porsche vehicles. They look nice but do not make them in the Smoky Topaz color that I would need. The guy offered to do a custom order for 3 sets (6 total) for $99. I only need 2. Anyone interested in splitting the cost 3 ways that is in the same situation? I could stomach $33 for some plugs if the holes go away.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
To prevent an issue like your's, I explicitly call the dealer and ask them NOT to put on the front plate bracket as I live in NC where there's no front plate either. Sorry that strategy is now too late for ya.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just have a spray bomb made up for your vehicle color. Should be a very easy job to paint those plugs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
mapostol said:
Can you explain a little more about the spray bomb?
You need to go to a paint outlet that sells supplies to autobody shops and DIYs. They will take the paint code off your vehicle on the door jamb and make a pressurized spray paint can for you. This is what I mean by spray bomb. This will run you from $20-30.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lots of places on the web

There are also lots of places on the web to get touchup paint with the codes. However with the Odyssey being so new I don't know if they would have the colors yet. You likely will have most luck getting touchup paint from your dealer. Try the one that you bought it from. If you luck out you could get it complementary.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
You might try buying some inexpensive nylon plugs from your local hardware store, and a bottle of touch up paint from Honda. That total should run you less than $10. I had to do this on my old Mazda 6 when I took off the front plate. I'm sure it didn't look as nice as the $99 Porsche plugs, but it worked for me, and I have a tendency to be a bit anal about the detailing of my vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts