Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a DIY bumper skin removal for the rear someone can direct me to? I need to replace a tail light that's cracked. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Search for the terms: rear and bumper and removal and go through the hitch installation DIYs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did it this morning on my van, removing the hitch from my 2005 to use on a 2010.

There are four bolts visible once you open the hatch; they're hidden under covers alongside the hatch opening. The wheel well edge has three screws on each side, and there are 3 push clips up underneath the rear bottom edge.

Takes maybe five minutes.

Tom

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Why do you need to remove the bumper skin to replace a cracked tail light?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
psu ody fan said:
Why do you need to remove the bumper skin to replace a cracked tail light?
Don't I need to? If not, how do I get to the tail light?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Optical TDI said:
Don't I need to? If not, how do I get to the tail light?
just open up your tailgate and you will see one or two grey covers covering up the bolts on the tail light. unscrew those and get a flat screw driver and a towel or something to put it on the end of the screw driver. and stick your flat screw driver in between your body panel and your tail light and gently pull em out. just be careful and take your time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
richysh said:
just open up your tailgate and you will see one or two grey covers covering up the bolts on the tail light. unscrew those and get a flat screw driver and a towel or something to put it on the end of the screw driver. and stick your flat screw driver in between your body panel and your tail light and gently pull em out. just be careful and take your time
Awesome...did it tonight. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts