Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here. Not looking for a car but I came across an '08 EX w/ upgrade alloy wheels but only 15K miles- showroom condition, single owner whose aging wife wanted smaller car. My research shows the car could be worth around 22 to 24K-perhap more for its condition and miles. They haven't advertised in media other than a small sign on the window I saw at a stop lite- Always dreamt of finding a vehicle from an elderly couple that babies their cars and low miles. What should I offer? They are asking 23K

BTW, does anyone know if their "tires for life" they got when they bought is transferrable to me?

Thanks
George
Current
'03 Ody EX- 101K- very dependable maybe for sale soon
'08 Infiniti EX- Journey AWD
'03 VW Beetle Conv. Turbo

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, NADA Used Car Guide (all online and free) The Private Party purchase price would be between the Trade-In and the Retail price. Also don't forget to get it checked out by a mechanic! The tires for life deal would depend on the contract they have with whoever sold them the tires. Ask them about the details on that contract. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I got a good deal- $21K pristine car. All service records kept and no accidents. So far loving it. Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think you did get a good deal-better than the one I got on a '08 EX! The one I bought had 44K on it by the time I bought it, but it was much better deal than 1.) All the other Private Party Odys I saw for sale here in Metro Atlanta (lots of '99 to '01, w/high miles) and 2.) much cheaper than any similar Ody for sale by dealers. Plus here in GA we don't have to pay sales tax on private party sales, so I saved some there also. But you got the dream deal! Congratulations BTW We both don't have the issues that EX-L and Touring owners have (or will have) with the VCM system. Another plus in getting an EX!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, the forum is a bit scary and surprising as my '03 Ody has been super dependable aside from minor issues. I did have a paint peeling problem along the back window edges called America Honda this summer, even w/ expired warranty, they repainted 2/3 of my car w/o charge and the dealer loaned me a new civic to drive when the car was in the shop for a wk and half. The cost of the wk was $2.5K. I was happy- the '03 actually looks real nice.

The brakes on the '08 are alittle soft but the car had the recall completed late 2010 for that including the PCM update. Keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The brakes on the '08 are alittle soft but the car had the recall completed late 2010 for that including the PCM update. Keep my fingers crossed.
Yes, I noticed that on the one I bought also. Mine has had both of those recalls done also. However I did notice a big improvement in the brakes after the service dept. at the local dealer resurfaced the front rotors and put on new pads as part of service special. I decided to continue servicing the van there for at least the next 15 K or so just in case I may develop some tranny problems while the powertrain warranty is still in effect. Keeping my fingers crossed too! BTW just curious-is your 03 Baltic Blue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a dark like navy blue- was a recall color but I had missed that notice. Honda was kind to honor my paint repair after I raised enormous HELL. Sometimes it pays to be an ass before you get something done. Now the dealer treats me like royalty when I come in. Guess they are laughing in the background as they rape my bank account for simple services :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yup that is the infamous Baltic Blue! You will see posts elsewhere in the forum mentioning the problems with the paint peeling on the BB-hued Odys of various years. BTW where are you from in VA? My wife is from extreme SW VA in what I call the “tail” of VA between KY and TN. (Wise Co.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live down in southeast va near the beach. just drove up to richmond for the weekend. anxious to see what kind of mileage i'm gonna get. Looks like a quarter tank down for about 110 miles so far.

car drove nice & obviously much nicer than my '03- dogs loved it too w/ the roll down windows in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts