Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey gang,
took home a certified used car from a Honda Dealership a few weeks ago.
I'm unclear a few things:
* do they change the oil when they get it in?
* Do they change other fluids when they get it in?
* do they rotate the tires?
* do they realign the tires?

other things?

read brochure but no indication as to this data.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Technically, the do a more comprehensive inspection and complete any repairs that are needed. They are also supposed to do anything else based on time or mileage (other fluids).

The easiest way to find out what they did is to contact the service department at the dealership where you purchased the van. You are entitled to this information under the certified program, as well as a copy of the carfax.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, sadly i had to drive back to the dealer to pick up the car fax..

i don't know why dealerships can't be less hate-worthy...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
They should have service records for what (if anything) was performed. I'm sure it's very dealer specific as to how much of the 150pt inspection and service they really do. I've seen certified cars with accident histories, non-spec parts, etc. Some obviously just give it a once-over and slap the warranty on it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congratulations on the van. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did our 2004. Anyway, I do not know of any requirements they have, and you may already have enough of an answer, but I thought I would add my two cents, of course without knowing the year of your van and the mileage. I agree that they should make this easy and just tell you specifically what they did. My thoughts about each are:

Oil and filter - My bet is that they may have changed the oil, but you can look at the oil on the dipstick to see if it is clean and look underneath at the filter to see if it is clean.

Transmission fluid - Only due usually at 30,000 miles, so if you are in between say 30k and 60k, then they probably did not change it, which would be unnecessary anyway. If you are at say 45k and are not sure about the change at 30k, you might want to get it done, just a drain and fill, not a flush.

Brake fluid - Due every three years regardless of mileage, so if in between, then doubtful.

Coolant - Not due until 100k or more, so probably not.

Power Steering fluid - Not sure it is ever done, but you can suck it out and replace if it is dirty.

Tire rotation - Highly doubt it, but if the better ones are on the front, then you are in good shape.

I guess my point is, that even though it'd be nice for the dealer to change them all, I am sure they do the minimum. Maybe they will just give you the details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts