Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Certified Used 2010 Touring. The one that's available locally has about 33K miles on it, which seems like a lot, so I'm trying to research an additional extended warranty. I've come across a few references to a Honda Care Certified Wrap. Am I correct in thinking that that is my only option and that I must buy it at the time of purchase from my dealer? How does it compare to regular Honda Care? I had planned to buy the 120K mile warranty, if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
This probably doesn't directly answer you question, but here is our story.

We bought a Certified 08 EXL DVD on Saturday. I paid approximately $500 dollars for the certification. I was talked into wrap around coverage, which extended the bumper to bumper from 12 to 49 months for $800 or about $325 per year. I never purchased an extended warranty before so I have no idea if this is a good deal, but I figure that I have 58 more days to figure it out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm looking at buying a Certified Used 2010 Touring. The one that's available locally has about 33K miles on it, which seems like a lot, so I'm trying to research an additional extended warranty. I've come across a few references to a Honda Care Certified Wrap. Am I correct in thinking that that is my only option and that I must buy it at the time of purchase from my dealer? How does it compare to regular Honda Care? I had planned to buy the 120K mile warranty, if possible.

Thanks

The Honda Care Certified Wrap gives you bumper to bumper coverage with the exception of the listed items and your powertrain because it is already covered with the Honda Certification. This is not the only Honda Care coverage available to you but is the best value. Remember there are three different Honda Care Certified Wraps available to you. You have the H70 7yr/100k, the H80 8yr/100k and the H82 8yr/120k. According to Honda Care, you are required to purchase this wrap at the time you purchase the van and it has to be from you selling dealer. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Honda Care Certified Wrap gives you bumper to bumper coverage with the exception of the listed items and your powertrain because it is already covered with the Honda Certification. This is not the only Honda Care coverage available to you but is the best value. Remember there are three different Honda Care Certified Wraps available to you. You have the H70 7yr/100k, the H80 8yr/100k and the H82 8yr/120k. According to Honda Care, you are required to purchase this wrap at the time you purchase the van and it has to be from you selling dealer. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.
If it has to be from your selling dealer, what's with all the online dealers who are selling Honda Care at great prices, and all the people on these forums who have been buying Honda Care from such dealers? Are you implying Honda Care will not be honored if not bought from the selling dealer?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it has to be from your selling dealer, what's with all the online dealers who are selling Honda Care at great prices, and all the people on these forums who have been buying Honda Care from such dealers? Are you implying Honda Care will not be honored if not bought from the selling dealer?

As I stated, the "Honda Care Certified Wrap" must be purchased from the selling dealer when you purchase your Honda Certified vehicle. This does not apply for other Honda Care coverage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a certified 2008 ody with 52,000 miles. They also sold me the h70, 7yr/100,000 mile plan for $1785. Did I pay too much for the warranty? How much are others paying for this? I'm pretty sure I paid too much, but the good news is I'm still within my 60 day window and can cancel it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts