Discussion Starter #1
Buying the timing belt parts from the USA saved over $500:

Idler pulley $33 US$ $90 CDN
Tensioner pulley $60 US$ $160 CDN
Tensioner $77 US$ $190 CDN
Water Pump $95 US$ $190 CDN
Cam Seals $9 US$ $20 CDN
Crank Seal $7 US$ $23 CDN

I got a deal awhile ago on the Timing Belt and 2 Acc/PS belts through a member of Odyclub – I believe all 3 belts plus the dipstick o-ring for $45 CDN. These parts are probably around $200 CDN.

Not included in the order but will include with the service is a 82ºF thermostat and coolant flush.

All bought through YourHondaParts.com and shipped to Canada via USPS. You pay extra shipping and the HST at the border. I takes 18 days to ship to my location.

In a nutshell, buying from the USA you only add 15 to 20% to their prices.

In Canada, we are gouged 70% markup on the USA prices.

So you can save up to 55% at CDN prices.

Long live the Free Trade Agreement.

·
Registered
525 Posts
new dad, did you ever look at any of the deals on amazon for those parts? just curious as im looking at this task towards the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Wow, major difference. Just today I was checking on some needed parts online and amazon vs dealer. The online prices are pretty close. Btw, I went to my dealer and asked about price match to online. They said no because online there is shipping and handling fee, and it comes to about the same as what they charge. I told them even after shipping to door, each part is 20-30 overcharge, they said it is about the same... For example, one part is listed at 85 and they did me a favor by giving at 67. Online all sites have it listed at MSRP 67 and going between 45-48. I returned them all and said I would not mind waiting a few days unless I was in a hurry. Some dealers match to keep business but some probably do not care either way (like mine).

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Wow New Dad, that's crazy. Good thing for the internet.

Surgeon, I stopped buying locally because of the dealer gouging. They can keep their over priced parts. The cost isn't even close. Bernardi happens to be one state away from me so I get parts very quickly and save a bundle. Also, seeing I pick the parts online, they are always the correct ones. I can't say the same for the dealer.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I did not try Amazon - I am just as content to find a US dealer selling Honda parts to me in Canada via USPS and NOT UPS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know where you live. I live in Vancouver, BC, What I do is to have the parts shipped to parcel services in Point Roberts, WA (Tsb Shipping Plus), and go pick them up, and of coz get gas while I am there.

I got a quote for a cabin filter in local Honda, it was $70, then I went to majestichonda and it was only $21 + $10shipping.....and plus $3.5 handling fee for the parcel service place. I got 50%off deal and also $20saving on lower gas price in states.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a young family so not too much free time to scoot over the border. Certainly would save on some of the shipping and all of the shipping if through Amazon apparently.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my latest order from YourHondaParts.com:

Rotors $109.32 USD $190 CDN
Pads $43.73 USD $74.68 CDN
Wiper Blade $10.18 USD $32.68 CDN
Wiper Blade $9.58 USD $29.18 CDN
O2 Sensor $65.56 USD $267.12 CDN
Shift Solenoid $26.52 USD $132.03 CDN
Bulbs $4.82 USD $16.26 CDN
Bulb $2.29 USD $5.50 CDN

It cost me $378.35 CDN and took 12 days shipping.

If I bought at the local dealership... $844.62

Twice the cost! Canadians are getting gouged!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts