Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our '03 odyssey was deemed totaled and now we are in the market for a newer one. My in-laws are leasing a '09 EX-L with around 20K miles, in very good condition, they have had it for about 1 year now and want to upgrade. We were looking for something with the RES, which this '09 does not have. I guess i could put it an aftermarket. The buyout price is ~25K. Is that a good deal?

We had our tranny replaced on the '04, just wondering if the 4gen tranny's were better or worse. I was reading the other posts and it seems they are better. just wondering if the '09 specifically had any issues to watch out for.

Also, anyone know how much per mile over on a Lease Honda Financial Service charges when ending the lease?

TIA

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
MTZ said:
Also, anyone know how much per mile over on a Lease Honda Financial Service charges when ending the lease?

TIA
If you are buying out the lease, it doesn't matter how many miles. You only pay the charge if you are over mileage and you are turning the car back into Honda. I believe Honda's typical charge is 15 cents per mile if the original MSRP was below $30K, and 20 cents per mile if the MSRP was > $30K.

About the worst thing someone can do is turn in a lease early, as there are usually some substantial fees & penalties.

In addition, be aware that AHFC will only sell out a lease to the registered leasee (is that a word?). So if the van is leased to your in-laws, Honda will only sell it to them, and they would then have to sell it to you. I found this out years ago when my sister-in-law wanted to buy an Accord we had leased. Honda didn't care who the payment came from, but they would only issue the title to me. The only way to make it work legally would have been to have me buy the car from Honda, then sell it to her....which, in Ohio, would have resulted in paying sales tax on both transactions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts