Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a mom of 2 young children and currently drive a 2007 nissan pathfinder. My husband is going to be taking my car and I am going to van route! It's just hard to beat with young children! Anyways, we are paying cash for a used odyssey. Want to stay around 14k and no more than 14, 500. We want an ex-l with RES leather (of course) and nav...we just aren't a fan of base cars personally. Anyways we are looking at 2005-2006 models and we know we can get one in that range b/c my hubby has a wholeseller friend. (BTW he is a manager of a very reptuible auto repair shop so we can get repairs at a very discounted rate, however with spending our money on the car def don't plan to do that off the bat....the 14500 is after selling hubby's car and him taking mine so worst case we don't sell his for what it's worth.....we would have 13k (that we could come up with) would you be willing to go with 04 (which we could get for 11 or 11, 500) with very low miles, RES, and leather, and add parrot and after market nav (we found one we really like and has good back up camera as well) and change to at least projector headlights (we would do this with leftover 2k)...not a fan of those on 04 but can find some nice projector that look better....or would you consider like an 07 loaded town and country...( i don't like the look but inside is okay) and I could maybe get a quest but I want to keep this vehicle between 4-5 years and don't want to feel like a downgrade from my current vehicle.....so sorry for all the questions....just looking for some advice....this is mind boggling ;) Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would stay away from the 04 just because it's the older generation. Ifyou can swing it, I'd try to get an 07 since that has the redesigned, beefier transmission from the Ridgeline. If you can't do that, then I guess an 06 would be better than the 05 to avoid the first year bugs of a new generation.

That's my take...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all. I am a mom of 2 young children and currently drive a 2007 nissan pathfinder. My husband is going to be taking my car and I am going to van route! It's just hard to beat with young children! Anyways, we are paying cash for a used odyssey. Want to stay around 14k and no more than 14, 500. We want an ex-l with RES leather (of course) and nav...we just aren't a fan of base cars personally. Anyways we are looking at 2005-2006 models and we know we can get one in that range b/c my hubby has a wholeseller friend. (BTW he is a manager of a very reptuible auto repair shop so we can get repairs at a very discounted rate, however with spending our money on the car def don't plan to do that off the bat....the 14500 is after selling hubby's car and him taking mine so worst case we don't sell his for what it's worth.....we would have 13k (that we could come up with) would you be willing to go with 04 (which we could get for 11 or 11, 500) with very low miles, RES, and leather, and add parrot and after market nav (we found one we really like and has good back up camera as well) and change to at least projector headlights (we would do this with leftover 2k)...not a fan of those on 04 but can find some nice projector that look better....or would you consider like an 07 loaded town and country...( i don't like the look but inside is okay) and I could maybe get a quest but I want to keep this vehicle between 4-5 years and don't want to feel like a downgrade from my current vehicle.....so sorry for all the questions....just looking for some advice....this is mind boggling ;) Thank you so much!!
I had an 04' and it worked well for me. With your 14.5K budget...you might not able to get into a 07'. You might but with higher miles. Your intention to only keeping the car for 4-5 years should take you to an 06-07'...they have a better resale value. Stay away from Chrysler's T&C....junk and their resale value drops like a rock on cliff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts