Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be driving from Northern California to Connecticut (near Hartford) sometime next June. It will be the final step in relocating from CA to CT.

We're driving in part because I want to make it an event, not just a plane ride... and because it's the only way to get our darned Great Danes across the country. After considering a number of options we were down to a one-way rental on an RV... and then a number of things, including a very good list of dog-friendly motels and other pet resources, fell our way and that led directly to the purchase of the new Ody. (We also need a big hauler for last-minute home remodeling, moving things to storage, etc.)

Any input about the drive, probably mostly on I-80, and traveling with the rear area occupied by big, bored dogs (luggage etc. goes in a cartopper) appreciated.

The Ody went in for recalls and an oil change today and the only things the dealer suggested were already done (like the tranny flush and wheel alignment) or are DIY (cabin filter). The original owners dealer-babied this car and it needs azolutely nuttin'. Suggestions about things to do over the next 9 months to prepare for a long uneventful drive also solicited...

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Nitro, 2007 and later Odys have the tranny that follows the same design pattern as the Ridgeline truck. This has proved far and away the most reliable of the Odyssey trannies, which is what you have.

Other than packing to keep the family (2-legged and 4-legged) happy on the drive, I think you're all set on the vehicle prep side.

Safe motoring!:)

OF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts