Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a cabin air filter but noticed that there are many to choose from. Ebay to Amazon to Autozone all have varying brands to generics for all different prices. Has anyone used the cheap $8 ones and are satisfied with it? There are others that cost $20+ as well. Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of using either? Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got the NAPA Pro Select (SFI 224815) on for maybe $10 and have no issues, although, not really sure what issue a cabin filter can really have. It slide right in and fit perfect. I do this before every winter because the window are always closed and to prevent window fogging up due to clogged filter. I can never see a reason to spend $20-30 on a cabin filter as your van is not a sealed environment like the engine intake system which justifies a good air filter. I see the cabin filter use more for keeping my heater core and A/C evaporator clean which make it efficient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for your comments. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has had a bad experience with one of the cheaper filters. More along the lines of not fitting properly or getting smelly after a while or just not letting any air pass through. I guess it doesn't hurt to tryout the cheap filters since it I wouldn't be losing a lot of money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like any air conditionig system that has a set filter size I would be careful using any filter that restricts ari flow more than the stock filter design .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is what I was afraid of. I imagine that they off-branded filters are just the cheapest filter material one could manufacture with so there are really no technical specs other than the correct size. Air flow would be much more important yet I don't know if the extra $20 is justified by buying an OEM filter.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You're overthinking this. Just buy what is you are comfortable so not to drive your self crazy because you naturally want to look for something wrong if you buy the cheaper filter. It a cabin air filter, it really is simple.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know purolator makes the cabin filters, they can be bought at advance auto if you have them in your area. I know they make good oil filters so I assume their air ones are good also and about $11.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts