Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I'd found this before I futzed with my glovebox. (Broke one of the side tabs a bit).

Hope it helps someone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words. I read the trouble some have had removing the tabs, breaking the tabs, etc. and was hesitant to try this myself. After seeing the tabs and how they just pop out I won't heistate to do this one myself and save the additional $60 the dealer wants to install the filter.

It helped me, thank you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words. I read the trouble some have had removing the tabs, breaking the tabs, etc. and was hesitant to try this myself. After seeing the tabs and how they just pop out I won't heistate to do this one myself and save the additional $60 the dealer wants to install the filter.

It helped me, thank you.
$60 ? , my GOD , we usually charge .1hr with a cheapy oil change or n/c with ful inspection. Some Honda's require metal bracket removal and warrants the .2hr

Al

·
Registered
123 Posts
I could not believe how easy it was the first time I changed out ours the first time. Had the van a year now. Guess its time to get new one and new air filter to.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was F-I-L-T-H-Y. I thought the PO or the dealership had done that before I purchased, but maybe thats what 30K miles gets you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It took me longer than five minutes, took 17, but half of that was discovering what was in the glove box. lol

It wasn't that dirty, mostly tree stuff and spider eggs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Could someone please list the filter element part number here. That'd handy to have it in the same thread I think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A mod for the cabin filter is to use a home furnace filter instead of the over priced purpose made "cabin" filter. I use a WEB furnace filter that I buy at Lowes for $12-15. I can cut the filter to size and can usually get 3-4 cabin filter out of one furnace filter. The a good quality furnace filter will filter out more pollen and odor that the purpose built cabin filters.

Here is a write up showing how I do it.

DIY: Gen 2 Carbon Cabin Air Filter - Tacoma World Forums

·
Registered
205 Posts
I used the Fram CF 10134 @ $16.95 from Amazon. It's eligible for free shipping. It has activated carbon and baking soda embedded in the filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts