21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
chiody said:
Huh?

Poster quotes:

Just yeasterday I had oil changed at
a dealer and they wanted $127 for the job. What a ripp-off.

Getting late, off to hit the hay....goodnight!
Chiody, you took a sentence out of context (as is common
in political journalism these days). Read the whole
post and USE your brain, and you will get it (no offense here;
I admit I could have written it better).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just changed the clock light the other day on my '03. I have to admit, those dash panel clips were pretty snug. Total time was about 15 minutes. Thanks for the pics and info. :D

Brad

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was extremely useful and I did not disconnect the battery (which means you would need the radio code to reset it). I had been quoted $90 by two different companies to fix this. It took 15 minutes to do. It had been out for years!:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
I love you guys :stupid: The instructions are great.

Changed cabin filter today and it was a snap. I removed the kick plate and the entire glove box. And I had to cut the plastic bar. I was expecting the filter to be really bad after seeing some of your pics but it was not too bad (still black though!)

Biggest challenge was getting the iron bar back in line with the holes and screwing everything back together.

All in all, took me about 30 minutes and I was taking my time. BTW, the bolts for my iron bar were 8mm

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Read carefully, the left bolt on the bar, the one closest to the center, should be loosened just enough to drop the bar. Fully removing it will make getting the bolt back a big PITA.

·
Registered
482 Posts
^^^ i jut loosened it. no need to completely remove as you don't have to move the bar that much to get full access to the filter and cover.

having done this, i pity someone who removed the far left bolt on the bar and has to put it back on.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
Regarding the air filter, just 4 phillips screws. And they don't fall out but are retained in the housing cover.

A 5 minute job I'd say.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just replaced my cabin filter today, 2000 with 72k. It's sure overdue, thank for the picture and instruction, it made the job so easy. Thank you :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Part Question etc.

Looks like a lot of work to me but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the post, these really do help those of us who would prefer not to pay a dealer to do it. :)

Does anyone have a price for this filter or a recommendation for a site to order one? I found one at:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ODYSSEY&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=5DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=A/C+++++COOLING+UNIT

I believe the part is #26803 018 1 ELEMENT, FILTER No Color $27.21 .

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
http://www.handa-accessories.com/odymaint02.html

Has both the actual Honda branded filter and a Micron one that is cheaper. (with less pleats) Many auto parts stores will also have a generic filter. What you use should depend on how often you will replace it. If you want to leave it in there for a full 30k and it will take more than a couple of years to get there, then use the OEM filter.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
I purchased a Purolator cabin filter with the exact same number of pleats as the original for 2/3 price from Advance Auto Parts.

:) :) :)

No dealer parts for me unless absolutely necessary.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think im gonna change mine now that i saw a picture of yours after 36k miles. Mine has about 60k miles (pretty low miles for an 03 van:p) and is time for a change. Do you think i could stick an air freshner in there?
Thanks
Kumar

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks Egads et. al! Appreciate the support and advice! Now if only one of you lived where I do I'd be on easier street! :D

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
There is a downside to changing it often. I now have one of the screws that holds the glove box up that keeps coming loose. I will have to replace the little bent metal threaded retainer that bolt screws into. I also can no longer get the grommet that holds the lower kick panel in place to stay in. Probably less than a $1. for both. I just have to remember to get them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
egads said:
There is a downside to changing it often. I now have one of the screws that holds the glove box up that keeps coming loose. I will have to replace the little bent metal threaded retainer that bolt screws into. I also can no longer get the grommet that holds the lower kick panel in place to stay in. Probably less than a $1. for both. I just have to remember to get them.
Do you notice any difference? If so what kind?
Thanks

P.S I mean in changing the filter...

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Crap, I think I am going to go to AutoZone and pick one up... Along with some stuff i can put on the bugs on my bumper before i power wash it off (from driving 115 MPH on stock, on ohio turnpike at 4 in the morning coming back home:p). Never changed the break fluid in it either. I think its time to do that also.
Kumar

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
115 mph at night is going to create a huge graveyard of bugs on all frontal surfaces......

Waxing beforehand makes cleanup much easier BTW!

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
chiody said:
115 mph at night is going to create a huge graveyard of bugs on all frontal surfaces......

Waxing beforehand makes cleanup much easier BTW!

;) ;) ;)
So wax right on top of the bugs?
Thanks
Kumar

21 - 40 of 113 Posts