Honda Odyssey Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
@eksine - What's the name and location of the dealer? Then, I can go to their website and verify your statement. Until then, I don't believe you. And, IF you can't/don't provide the information, you are the one with the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I go to a couple Radioshacks and they are out of stock. I called four more same problem. So now this seems to be an expensive fix if they stop producing the bulb cheaply. Need to find a small enough LED fix. Going to take mine out tomorrow and see if I can find a hot wire close to it and just stick an led in the hole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I replaced mine a few years back, it's blue now. I think I used a common 3mm flat top LED with a soldered on resistor. Total cost: $0.15 + my own labor.

These are prewired for 12v to do the same job, ebay link.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
New Cabin Air Filter Installed 2001 EX

Just replaced my cabin air filter. My crossbar had already been cut too. Hardest part is getting in the right body position to get to all the screws.! Ha Ha! Thanks for the awesome step-by-step instructions. I've attached a photo of the new and old air filters side by side. :)

IMG_6942.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Intake to Cabin Air Diagram?

Someone please point me to a diagram showing how air flows from under-the-hood, through the system(s), and into the cabin. My 2003 has a mold problem which I need to clean without chemicals.

My other option is to stop air flow and seal vents. While a little air flow is part of the design as a safety precaution it's easy to add something to keep a window permanently cracked. Does anyone know if sealing off cabin vents alone will cause problems, or if there is a part I need to turn off to stop air flow?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Air Flow - Intake to Cabin Diagram?

Would someone please point me to a diagram of how air goes from the hood intake, through parts/systems, and into the cabin? My 2003 has mold problem, and I need to figure out how to clean the system rather than using chemicals.

My other option is to seal cabin vents, and add a stop to keep a window cracked - I know the car is designed to always home some cabin air flow. But will sealing cabin vents cause other problems? Is there a part with the purpose of forcing air into the cabin which will stress when I stop the flow?

Thank you!

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
Well, we can see if this link will work:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2002-honda-odyssey-5dr_ex-ka-5at/duct.html

If it doesn't, you can go to a place like hondapartsnow.com and do a drill down with you year, model, trim and then go to:
Interior/bumper and then duct.

Have you cleaned out the cabin filter area? Maybe remove the fan assembly to get in a little better (look for old threads around here about changing the fan speed control, that requires removing the fan assembly.
Here is what I think: you should clean what you can, spray the filter with Febreze or use frigi fresh according to directions. Then make sure you don't use recirculate unless absolutely necessary. Like sitting behind a diesel truck or going through a cloud of dust. Keep the fresh air flowing. Use the A/C, don't cheap, it dries the air. A van full of humans is very wet. Make sure the intake vents directly below the front windshield stay clear of leaves. Having those blocked is just like running in recirculate.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The 2003 cabin air filter is kinda of a PITA to replace, but, nevertheless it has to be done. When you do it be sure to look into the space which was vacated when you removed the filter. I used a refrigerator attachment (long narrow sleeve) to vacuum out all the crap in there. While the filter is still out, there are several sprays that you can use to help deodorize the evaporator fins etc. Also, make sure the drain tube from both the front AC and rear AC are unclogged. Google for it.

Another good preventive hint is to turn off the AC several minutes before you will be parking and leave the fan speed setting on HIGH. This will help dry off all the condensation on the two evaporator fins.

i know on my '03, the rear drain tube was clogged. Very easy to check and unclog.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
6 Posts
My friend had a similar problem and sprayed some Lysol spray into the air intake vent that is probably near the bottom of the windshield, outside of the car. Let the van idle, turn on the AC to medium, and spray the Lysol into the vents. After you spray for a while you should smell the Lysol inside the car. Turn everything off and let it set overnight. You may need to do this a couple times.

I know you can also take it to shop and have the system cleaned by a professional.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts