Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you detailers have any experience with or opinions of the California Water Blade product? After a couple of times washing my new '02 I'm looking for something quicker than a chamois to get the standing water off the van and speed the drying process. I've seen this product advertised but I'm concerned that it might scratch the paint. Any opinions?

·
Registered
564 Posts
It'll only scratch if the blade or the car is dirty. The silicone blade itself will not scratch.

The best way I've ever found to "dry" the car is to keep the paint in excellent condition (meaning: keep it waxed!). When I rinse the car, I use a full-on "sheet" of water from the hose, and the water beads together and runs off leaving very little behind. Then I run around with a microfiber towel, and it's done.

If you use a spray nozzle, you'll leave the max amount of water on the vehicle possible. Use a smooth flow on a waxed car, and you'll be amazed at how dry your rinse will leave it.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:

If you use a spray nozzle, you'll leave the max amount of water on the vehicle possible. Use a smooth flow on a waxed car, and you'll be amazed at how dry your rinse will leave it.

</font>
Yup, that's my experience, too. I have a blade similar to a CWB, but don't bother with it. I just do the same as Darell. It's amazing how much water you can rinse off the car with just a steady flow from the hose.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 10-29-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
...and I'd like to point out that Chuck and I developed the same device independently (well, mind just has an inline shut-off ball valve) to accomplish this task. As long as your device ends with a "naked" hose end, you're in good shape.

I have a brand-new CWB just sitting here collecting dust. I truly never use it.

When I really want to do a great job of drying all the cracks and crevices, I use my leaf blower (judiciously) as well.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
596 Posts
Darell, I knew those annoying leaf blowers were good for something, Hee! Hee! Actually, it does sound like a cool tool to get the water out of the cracks and crevasses, with which these vans are well equiped.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
I have a brand-new CWB just sitting here collecting dust. I truly never use it.
</font>
Same here. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think I'll move mine into the shower or something. Gotta be some use for it. Ooooh! I know - I'll use it for surgery. It says right on the package that it is made of "surgical grade silicone."

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been using a back pack blower to dry my wet vehicles for years. If it has a good wax job, the water just blows off easily. It the same time it blow out my garage and drive way. Works well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL... mines already in my bathroom when i take a shower... My mirrors have been spotless ever since!

------------------
2001 Granite Green EX-L
1999 Toyota Tacoma
1998 Toyota Camry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts