Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a brake job on my dad's odyssey and after pulling the wheel off noticed there was no upper caliper mount bolt. After the brake job I moved the bolt to the top (from the bottom) figuring the rotation of the rotor will make it less likely to turn the caliper off when the bolt is on the top rather than bottom. Now I need a new bolt. I looked everywhere and cannot get one. Anyone have the size or a link to where I can get one? My dad uses his car a lot and it's not as simple as pulling the bolt all together and running down to Lowe's. I know it's a 19mm just need the thread and length.

Thanks!
Michal

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
You didn't specify your model year.

For a 2005, the top bolt is part # 45262-SHJ-A01. Not sure of size. Try a search?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reminds me of when my daughter who was then age 2 "helped daddy" who was under the GM van changing the transmission fluid. She took some of the many 10mm bolts and stuck them in holes in the frame where they disappeared! I looked for those missing bolts for quite awhile before going to my good hardware store for replacements.

You can's find it? The thing is pretty HUGE to lose. Did you stick it up on the spring or somewhere?

Its not something you can get anywhere, but a junkyard might have what you need. Sounds like a mess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dirkdaddy said:
Reminds me of when my daughter who was then age 2 "helped daddy" who was under the GM van changing the transmission fluid. She took some of the many 10mm bolts and stuck them in holes in the frame where they disappeared! I looked for those missing bolts for quite awhile before going to my good hardware store for replacements.

You can's find it? The thing is pretty HUGE to lose. Did you stick it up on the spring or somewhere?

Its not something you can get anywhere, but a junkyard might have what you need. Sounds like a mess.
I got it from the local Honda dealer. They had to order it but it only took a day to get. I didn't loose it, it just wasn't there to begin with. There was also a leaky caliper, torn caliper piston seal, 250lb torqued lug nuts and missing underside splash shield.

I did the brake job because my dad complained about a grinding noise when braking and a metallic sound when going over a bump. I touched the caliper and it just moved out LOL. After I replaced the pads and warped rotors the grinding is gone. Hopefully after I button it all up tonight the metallic noise will be gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts